X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marano
    • May 2006

Rmb-1075

I currently have B&W 602 s3's for my fronts, 601 s3's for the rears, LCR60 s3 for the center, and a ASW600 sub powered by a Rotel RSX-1057 and was wondering if adding the Rotel RMB-1075 120 watt per channel amp will produce a noticeable difference? Is there anyone that owns both that can give some comparisons?
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

I do have both but i never used the RSX 1057's amps yet. When i got the 1057 i hooked it up to my RMB1075. I like this combo alot. I have Paradigm Studio 60 V.3's and the 1075 seems to run them very nicely. I have no problems running the Speakers at high Volumes.

Volume at around 75 - 77 gets VERY loud, speakers are still very clear and the Bass is tight as ever the speakers don't complain one bit.

So yeah, for the money RMB 1075 is a very good 5ch amp.

Comment

• marano
      • May 2006

Are you using your system for mostly Home Theater or Music?

Comment

• stantheman2
        • Apr 2004

I recently added a 1075 amp to my 1056 receiver (virtually the same amp section as the 1057, I understand), powering 603 S2 fronts/lcr6 S2 center, and 601S2 rears, and the difference and improvement was immediately obvious, even to someone just walking through the room.

Better, tighter bass; more definition and "space" around each instrument/sound; cleaner and more articulate mids (vocals and spoken words clearer); quieter background. All in all, one of the best upgrade investments I made.

For something equally dramatic at lower cost, buy a Catcables silver digital coax. Same level of improvement as adding the 1057, but the improvements are most apparent towards the higher frequency end, whereas the improvements from the 1075 are more apparent towards lower frequencies.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"