X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Brown
    • Jan 2004

RMB-1095 + RB-1080

I've seen in a lot of posts that this is a fairly common combination a lot of people here have.

I am running just a 1095 for amplification, but most of my Rotel time is spent listening to 2-channel music. I would like to hear people's impressions of using their 1080 for 2-channel versus the 1095. Are the benefits worthwhile for someone who doesn't need the extra channels, but mostly only uses two anyway? Do you find the imaging and separation to be better when using a 2-channel amp?

I'm also interested in comments from people with the 1075 and 1070, or any similar combination.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Jason,

I own the the Rotel RMB-1095 and the RB-1080. I was running 5.1 with the 1095 and the RSP-1098, and it wasn't quite right in 2 channel stereo, although it was pretty good. I had toyed with the idea of a separate 2 channel amp for the fronts. I was pushed over the edge and finally purchased the RB-1080, thinking I had 30 days to return it. Okay, after a three week wait, the RB-1080 came in and I hooked up my components. The difference to me was significant enough to justify my purchase.

The bonus is now I have 7.1 channels and DoProIIx, and it is acoustical bliss, (just in case you have any thoughts about 7.1 ).

IMHO, it is well worth the upgrade, and I don't regret the purchase. However my wife would have a different opinion if she were to ever find out .

There are other forum members here who have done the same thing. Will, where are you, this gentleman needs help :LOL: ?

Hope this helps and good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I have a different multi-channel amp (non-Rotel) and use a Bryston 2-channel amp for my mains. To me, just like Azeke, the difference is significant.

Good luck...
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I have a different multi-channel amp (non-Rotel) and use a Bryston 2-channel amp for my mains. To me, just like Azeke, the difference is significant.

Good luck...
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Marcel54
          • Jan 2004

Hello Jason,

Prior to my current configuration (RSP1098, 1080 and 1095) I used a Denon AVC-11SR (7.1) and the differences in quality are amazing. The stereo is more spacious and has more resolution and definition. If I compare the 1080 with the 1095 I think the 1080 offers a bit more of the so necessary things you need in a stereo amp (although the differences are not that great). I know one thing I cannot live without it anymore.

Marcel

Comment

• Jason Brown
            • Jan 2004

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"