X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Bombadil
    • Feb 2004

RSP=1098 TFT screen quality

Hi there,

Does anyone have any concerns with the TFT screen on the 1098?

Mine appears very patchy with light spill around the edges when blank. and compared to my Samsung 18" TFT it seems excessive. When displaying a picture I don't have any issues with the picture quality.

I was wondering whether this was normal and would welcome other owners' experiences. Other than that it is a superb pre/pro and one that has my sincere recomendation.

Thanks in advance...

Darren

Source : Imagination
    Power : Courage
    Transducer : Action
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Mine seems fairly uniform but honeslty I never look at it and I'm just waiting for the day I can turn it off and leave it off.

Comment

• Tom Bombadil
      • Feb 2004

Andrew,

I agree that a permanent off feature would be great as even in blank mode mine kicks out a fair amount of light. Adjusting the brightness and contrast settings to increase black level as no effect but to detrement the picture quality.

If I sit square on to the display it seems darker but light spill is evident from the edges. Also from the sitting position, the screen in blank mode does seem to have darker areas than others.

Perhaps a reason to return for a new screen?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

mad_darren,

Mine's the same as yours sounds (as is the shop one) - it's just the backlight showing through round the edges of the screen - which shows up in a darkened room

Remember - you can press and hold the MENU button for 3 seconds or more and the TFT will go OFF (including the backlight) and be totally black. However it will come on temporarily when you change volume etc (which annoys some people - hence a wish list item to allow permanent turn off of the TFT for minor changes)

Geoff

Comment

• Tom Bombadil
          • Feb 2004

Geoff,

Thank you for the prompt reply as ever.

Like a sad wearer-of-anoraks, I scrutinised my 1098's TFT from many different angles and concluded.... ....I'll shut up and stand in the corner!

It's amazing how a morbid fear of problems clouds an otherwise sane judgement.

BTW I have started to make some enquiries regarding the RB1080 - finish my electronics off perfectly!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"