Without question Rotel is better then...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Without question Rotel is better then...

I think it would be a useful thread to post the brands of recievers and amps which you found where sub par to Rotel after making a switch.

Ill go First.

Rotel is better then Denon. I made the change from Rotel to Denon and it made me feel like I got new speakers as well as a new reciever.
  • CombatWombat
    • Jul 2006

Rotel is better than Yahmaha

Rotel is better that Halcro <---Narrrrr just kidding :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

• bleeding ears
      • Nov 2004

vancouver, I assume you are talking about a Denon which cost a similar amount as the Rotel you went to. ?

I have found when comparing Rotel to other brands, yes the Rotel gear seems to perform very well for its price point and I am assuming this is what you mean?

If you were to buy the top of the line Denon gear I do not think there would be too much of a problem soundwise in comparison with any other gear.

I dont like bashing brands because most manufacturers have their cheap units and also have their top units which cost a lot more.

Having said that, I have had a bad experience with a Marantz Sr8200 receiver which just sounded terrible.

It retailed for $3990 Australian and I thought at that price it would just have to sound good. Wrong!

Never mind, I have moved on to Rotel seperates now, but where will it end? Krell ?, Halcro ?, Divorce ? :lol:

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Agreed, without model numbers for comparison this thread could turn into a debate real quick. Probably post the price difference and whether it was worth it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Wardo
          • May 2006

I would have to agree that Rotel is better then Denon, Harman Kardon and Yamaha. However I think that Rotel is in a different category. Is Rotel better then Anthem? I don't know. But I like the way Rotel performs and sound better then Anthem.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
            • Apr 2006

Are we talking about for Music or HT???

Because Denon's are very nice receivers for HT. If your main interest is to watch movies, then the Denon will fit the bill very nice. But when it comes down music i prefer the Rotel.

Remember there are lot of people out there that can't efford to Have Rotel and these people have to make a choice in the mass market of other receivers like Yamaha,Denon,HK,Pioneer ect...

I had Pioneer,Denon,NAD,LINN and now Rotel. Other than my LINN i like my Rotel compared to the other ones for music. But for HT i don't think you could really tell a diference in a blind fold test between a Rotel and a let's say Denon AVR 4306 or the 4806. Also don't forget the Denon AVR 5805 which is $10,000 canadian.

So i really don't know what your post means when you say my Rotel is better than DENON. Well which one?

Like Kevin D said, without a model number or a price point this post is useless.

Comment

• shadow
              • Dec 2003

Also pretty silly too. My dad's better than your dad! :roll:

Comment

• Elvis
                • Jan 2005

The 1056/7 sounds better than the Denons 38xx and below for music,happy now?

Comment

• musman
                  • Jul 2006

I would say Rotel is better than most mass market receivers. The reason is that Rotel puts more into there amps & less into features. A Denon in the $1200 range will give you 3 zones, I-pod connection, a bunch of useless DSP settings, auto microphone set up, Xm radio, HDMI connections, the list goes on & on. With all of that how could it possibly be as good as a Rotel? You must cut corners some where. The amps in a Rotel are higher current than most mass market units. So they have better control over the speakers. Also I think they give more realistic power ratings.
                  I just don't see some of these receivers putting out 120wpc into seven or even five channels like they claim.

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Without QUESTION...

Rotel > BOSE.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• grit
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by bleeding ears
                      Never mind, I have moved on to Rotel seperates now, but where will it end? Krell ?, Halcro ?, Divorce ? :lol:
                      :lol: Ain't that da truth! I figure somewhere between Krell/Ayre/Classe and divorce.

Comment

• Alex999
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
                        Without QUESTION...

Rotel > BOSE.

lllol

Comment

• Dmantis
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jun 2004

Rotel is attractive to the budget audiophile. But they strongly need to upgrade there preamps. It's time. We need well I need HDMI switching.I need more Optical inputs.

Dan

Comment

• comeup
                            • Jul 2005

I don't own but like some of the high end Pioneer Elite receivers I think their stuff is just as musical as the Rotels. I do own a RB1080 and a RMB1075 it's good stuff but I do love the sound of Pioneer as much as the Rotel. Rotel also has a good look to their stuff even better than some super high end equipment. I think they get a lot of sells based on cosmetics. I know someone that bought all Rotel based on looks alone pre,power,dvd,cd and tuner he's not an audiophile at all. Not the plastic BS.
                            Blake

Comment

• june
                              • Feb 2005

hello all,

i've been a receiver person for years. we perfered yamaha over all others for ht purposes. after making a few more $$ we tried separates. we chose rotel over others in the same price range. the best bang for the buck was rotel. i think sometimes as may think the more it cost the better it sounds. we tried several pre-amps but rotel won. i just couldn't justify the extra $$. we fell in love, after getting our rsp-1068 home.
                              June
                              "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• pbarata
                                • Feb 2003

I’ve being comparing my Rotel system with others in the market and I always get to the same conclusion. What is better, I mean sound better to me, than Rotel is much more expensive and in must cases marginally better (extra money will eventually buy more extension, more detail and more accuracy).

The only thing that really I regret about Rotel is reliability. Within 3 years I had two major failures (RSP-1066 and RCD-1070). When Rotel moved manufacturing to China I would expect to have better prices for their equipment, as they where obviously reducing costs. However Rotel increased their earnings and their equipment is becoming more expensive when compared with other brands. I.e. there is a new French brand in the market comparatively cheaper than Rotel, offering more build quality, reliability and a fantastic sound which is Advance Acoustic (http://www.advance-acoustic.com/). They are manufacturing in China also and most likely their lowered their profit margin to have competitive products in the market. As Rotel can cope with reliability any more, they should lower the prices !!!
                                Last edited by pbarata; 29 July 2006, 18:27 Saturday.
                                Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                                Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• WI Rotel
                                  • Jul 2006

Rotel RMB 1095 better than bryston 9bsst.
                                  My rotel with BW XT's blows the doors off my partners bryston with BW 703's. He almost sh-t his pants whe he came to audition my new system. Of course I also have 2 PV1's but whose counting:twisted:

Comment

• Nolan B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by WI Rotel
                                    Rotel RMB 1095 better than bryston 9bsst.
                                    My rotel with BW XT's blows the doors off my partners bryston with BW 703's. He almost sh-t his pants whe he came to audition my new system. Of course I also have 2 PV1's but whose counting:twisted:

id like to see a picture of that. :T

Comment

• WI Rotel
                                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                      id like to see a picture of that. :T
                                      Here's the pics Not th one of the pants though :rofl:
                                      Hi, One of the most popular threads in Club Rotel is an area where members can post pictures of their Rotel equipment... I thought - why not :banana: join the party in our own club! So let’s use this thread to post pictures of any aspect of your B&amp;W setups that you've all invested so much energy in! Some examples might

Comment

• Nolan B
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Sep 2005

looks great..my kind of system. did you try placing a PV1 on either side of your plasma on the inside of the speakers? that would look great.

I have a Black PV1 with black B&W FPMs...ill try and get a picture.

I love the PV1

Comment

• WI Rotel
                                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                          looks great..my kind of system. did you try placing a PV1 on either side of your plasma on the inside of the speakers? that would look great.

I have a Black PV1 with black B&W FPMs...ill try and get a picture.

I love the PV1
                                          I think that would be grounds for divorce! Sometimes music has to take a backstage to the wife's esthetics ;x(

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"