X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • browns1
    • Jul 2006

RSP-1068 clicking

Hello - been reading this forum for two years - finally joined so this is my first post. I'm running the RSP1068, with the 1075 and RCD-1072, dvp-ns9100es DM604s3, Dm602S3 ASW675 LCR600S2.
    anyway, when I start playing any source I get a double click noise in the left channel about 2-3 seconds into the first track. Its doesnt matter if its recently powered up or turned on for a period of time. I do have the 12 volt triggers active. could it be that. Has anyone experienced this? Further I've read some posts about the lack of volume in dolby digital. I just purchased the new pink floyd dvd and had to keep the volume around 78-79 to get some big volume. CD's etc are around 70-72. Doesnt seem right?
    any input would be great

thx
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

So it's just two clicks 2-3 seconds when a new signal is introduced, or 2-3 clicks with every track?

On the Dolby settings, make sure dynamic range in the 1068 and the dvd player are both turned off. This only effects DD and DTS signals and can really compress the sound.

Kevin D.

Comment

• browns1
      • Jul 2006

Only when a new signal is introduced. It just started doing it about 4-5 months ago. thanks about the dynamic range - i'll check it.

Comment

• wb2fcr
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        So it's just two clicks 2-3 seconds when a new signal is introduced, or 2-3 clicks with every track?

On the Dolby settings, make sure dynamic range in the 1068 and the dvd player are both turned off. This only effects DD and DTS signals and can really compress the sound.

Kevin D.
        I get a small 'pop' when dolby starts up (say going from a menu in PCM to a movie audio track in dolby).

Is this the dynamic range? I never noticed this setting in my 1068. Gotta read the manual again.

You say turn it off - I only see max, mid or min setting when I push the DYN button on the remote?
        Dave

Comment

• wb2fcr
          • Dec 2005

browns1

I ust got the new Pink Floyd Pulse DVD as well.

Have you got the 640kbs audio track to work? If so does your 1068 display show something other than 48K on the right side?

I get no audio when I select the 640kbps track using my Denon DVD-2900. I get audio using the 640kbps track if I use my Panasonic DVDR but the 1068 display still says 48K. I'm not sure what to believe here.
          Dave

Comment

• browns1
            • Jul 2006

Dave -

I get the same as you 48K. no change for either option. Not sure how thats supposed to work. I do get sound either way however.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"