X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asg420
    • Jul 2004

1098 Clicking when Channel Changes

Hi,

Its been a while since I've logged in but glad to see you all are still around and havne't gotten in to too much trouble :-)

I haven't really be able to spend as much time with my system as I would like, the home renovations are taking longer than anticipated.....We've been living at the in-laws....

Anyway- When we change the channel on our cable box, the Rotel 1098 takes about two seconds to catch up and it clicks loudly. The volume on certain channels takes longer to come through the speakers as well.

My installer says its the digital audio signal from my DTV cable box which causes the clicking and volume problems.

Is this something I can fix? Do i just have to learn to deal with my processor clicking all the time? My other rotel recievers never did this sort of thing....

The sound though, the sound through this processor is just UNBELIEVEABLE! I love it! Now if I could just prevent the extremely loud clicking, my wife would love me more!

Thanks in advance!

Adam
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

This processor uses relays, this is the "click" that you are hearing, and that is why it sounds so good. The output from your sat box is dropping or something and causing the 1098 to try and do another auto detection of signal. This causes a relay to click and then back to the digital source once it is sent back to the 1098. Remember that while relays are better for sound they are a little slower than an IC.

G.

:grab:

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"