X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

1068 buzz

Hi
    I have a 10 months old 1068. I have recently noticed a buzz that is heard through the main (803s) and the center channel (htm3s). the 1068 is also connected to a Classe CP 700 stereo pre (pass through mode) , the buzz can only be heard while the passthrough mode is on, when the Classe is on the speakres are dead quite, this i assume indicates that the 1068 is the source of the problem ( both pre/pro are connected to Classe CAM 400 monoblocks, the center channel is powered by Rotel 1095).
    The buzz is heard from about 8 ft distance ( from the speakers tweeter). not increased with volume. pre amp is powered through a dedicated 15 amp wall outlet. tried to disconnect refrigerator, airconditioners and cable TV lines - nothing helps. shoul I send it for repair ? any other suggestions ? 8O
    Thanks
    Eliav
    :T Socrat
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

Ground loop perhaps? I'd check your connections. Start unplugging 1 cable at a time, then plugging it back in until you find the offending cable/connection.

Comment

• CombatWombat
      • Jul 2006

I am having exatly the same problem with mine I have tryed every thing, the only thing that help a little bit was using shielded interconets, I have sent the unit off to the suppiler here in Australia, only to have it retured saying there was no falut with the unit, Now that I have heard that there is some one it another part if the world with the same problem It might be time to send it off again

Comment

• CombatWombat
        • Jul 2006

Funny enough to my 1068 is about the same age too

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Thanks guys, I will try again disconnecting all connections, gut feeling though this is something that's coming from the 1068. BTW how long is Rotel warrenty coverage on the 1068 ?
          Eliav

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

5 years warranty if you bought it. Warranties are not transferable.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

You can also try grounding the amps and pre-amps together through the case screws instead of letting the signal wires handle it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Eliav
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                You can also try grounding the amps and pre-amps together through the case screws instead of letting the signal wires handle it.

Kevin D.
                Kevin, thanks.
                where do you hook up the grounding edge to ? I understand the case screw part but where does the other end go to ?
                Eliav

Comment

• Eliav
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by miner
                  5 years warranty if you bought it. Warranties are not transferable.
                  Thanks.
                  Yeah I am the original owner, seems like I have 4 more years of warrenty though I hope I wont be needing it ..
                  Eliav

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Eliav
                    Kevin, thanks.
                    where do you hook up the grounding edge to ? I understand the case screw part but where does the other end go to ?
                    Eliav
                    You can dasiy-chain all components together first. If that doesn't help you can then continue it on to the center screw of your power outlet.

Kevin D.

Comment

• CombatWombat
                      • Jul 2006

Have you tryed this or know of any detrimental affect it could have on the components???

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

I've done it on customers systems before. All your doing is grounded the cases together, something you're RCA cables are doing anyway so no damage to the equipment.

If the buzz is coming from minor ground differences in the components, you will be trying to provide an easier path for the ground to take rather then going through the RCA cables an entering the signal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• CombatWombat
                          • Jul 2006

That makes sense I will have to give it a go and get back to you. Thanks heaps I should have posted here first stupid me

Comment

• Stevebez
                            • Oct 2003

It should be dead quiet. Its one of the things I really love about my rotel kit...

I agree go thru each connection one by one ... start with any Sat Tv connections - they are known culprits.

Also check your mains feed - try a different socket. Are all your components connected to one AC outlet? If not, try one socket for all your kit - if the rating will allow, and disconnect anything that it not required on the same outlet especially anything that has a transformer.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• CombatWombat
                              • Jul 2006

I have tryed everything that all of you have suggested.

The unit was fine one day then buzzing speakers the next

The only thing that has helped but not stoped the problem completely is using sheiled interconects.

I run all of the one plug... the great thing about our power 240v is that we have 2400w to play with on a 10A wall plug witch is enough for my 3 amps and other components

I also bought a monster HT-1000 power board did not help one bit $450Aus waist of money mabey not It looks cool

Comment

• eelco74
                                • Dec 2002

Mine has developed a buzz as well, it has done so lately.

However it is completely wired with vdHul shielded cable. I have run it with a only the least amount of cables, and disconnected all. It only happens on digital sources, so I will send it of to repairs during my holiday.
                                Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

With other users having the digital board completely blow out on them you may be on to something.

Eliav & CW, does your buzz occur on analog only sources? Rotel might have a bad run of digital boards.

Kevin D.

Comment

• eelco74
                                    • Dec 2002

Interesting thing is,

It takes some time to develop, on startup it is dead silent.

remeber Rotel fixed the "popping" during channel switching when using a digital cable or sat tuner. Recent software versions now it mutes, during channel changes.

When you change a channel, the rsp mutes quickly, and than the buzz dissapears. just for half a second.
                                    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
                                      Eliav & CW, does your buzz occur on analog only sources? Rotel might have a bad run of digital boards.
                                      I get the Buzz all the time I mainly use the Multi-Inputs

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                        • Jul 2006

Has anyone had this problem fixed???

I keep getting told by rotel that it is not there problem and it is really starting to bug me.

Comment

• Alex999
                                          • Jun 2006

Try this out

I found this article dealing with the problem. I hope it will help you out.

Got an annoying hum or buzz in your audio system? You likely have a ground loop. This article helps you diagnose the problem so it can be eliminated. Don't put up with hum. Read this article!

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Alex999
                                            I found this article dealing with the problem. I hope it will help you out.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...oopcableTV.php
                                            Alex you are a abulsolte legend Its really did work I unpluged my Foxtel (cable TV in Ausustralia) and the humming stoped :T :T :T :wtf:

I tryed earthing the bodies of the amps together as previosuly suggested and that did not work and I almost did not take any notice of this. Thank god I did I shall never not read something again

Thanks once again

Kind regards

Matt

Comment

• Kevin D
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Oct 2002

Sorry, it's usually one of the first things we suggest! They make cable isolators that should work fine on your cable system if you can't get the cable company to properly ground the system.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Alex999
                                                • Jun 2006

I'm glad it worked out

Cheers,
                                                Alex

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                                  • Jul 2006

I ran the cable TV thought a monster HT1000 power board and it fixed the problem right up... Dont know why I did not do that in the first place. But then again I never knew it could be problem... And never watch TV that much any way so I never thought the would be much to gain from running it though thae power board and I guess too lazy to go and get another cable

Shows you what thought did

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"