ASW825 Opinions - Urgent response needed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

ASW825 Opinions - Urgent response needed!

Hi Guys,

I have a chance to buy a ASW825 for $2,000 when it retails for $4,500 here. What are your opinions of this sub?

Thanks!
  • audiomatters
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Allegiance
    Hi Guys,

I have a chance to buy a ASW825 for $2,000 when it retails for $4,500 here. What are your opinions of this sub?

Thanks!
    I have this sub and have tried many others. I have mine in a smaller room and it has plenty of output. Much more then you think it should considering it's size. The best part of the sub is how tight and musical it is. It is very easy to match up with high quality mains due to its speed and is great for music.

The only downside of it, is it doesn't have much in the way of eq for room matching so I had to buy a Velodyne SMS-1 which has been great. It also looks much nicer then most subs at any price.
    Hope this helps, I highly recommend it.

Comment

• jericho
      • Dec 2004

I prefer my 825 over the 855.
      I have them both
      825 is better for music, 855 for HT

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi Allegiance,

I have a 750. I'm a HT fans well sub is not a must....

The 825 for $.2000: go with it.

in europa a 825 is a lot more $$$$. and in a second hand forget....

The other is a Velodyne, JL Audio not available in Europa :x , but a 825 with a SMS1 is sure a hammer.

Style

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

I have a 750 and I agree with Style - "go with it".

I use my ASW750 95% for music and it works really well. On the odd occasions that I watch a film it's great.

I'm sure the 825 will be just as good as the 750, possibly 5% better!

Nigel.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I have owned the 825 and 855.
            I was much more impressed with the 825. That "little" sub (compared to the 855) was amazing! I think it had a lot to do with the small room I have. Im sure the 855 in a much larger room would start to show its umph, but I thought it sounded "worse" than my 825. Very hard to tune IMO.

I bet you wouldnt regret the 825
            B&W

Comment

• Allegiance
              • Sep 2006

Hi Guys,

It was an eBay auction and someone did buy-it-now overnight so I missed out However, I have been offered a JL Audio Fathom F110 at a killer price brand new. What do you guys think of this one compared to the ASW-825?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Never heard it, if I got a JL sub Id go big or go home I guess. However I think they are overpriced. Feedback on the JL stuff seems to be awesome though.
                B&W

Comment

• texasbwfan
                  • Sep 2005

I currently own an ASW825 and have been considering a JL Fathom. I love the 825 but I've been curious to see how it pairs up against the F113. Every review I've read has been extremely positive.
                  texasbwfan

Comment

• audiomatters
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by texasbwfan
                    I currently own an ASW825 and have been considering a JL Fathom. I love the 825 but I've been curious to see how it pairs up against the F113. Every review I've read has been extremely positive.
                    Try one and let us know what you think between the two. I'm curious also but can't afford to try a JL Audio.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"