So.....when did the bottom fall out of Rotel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

So.....when did the bottom fall out of Rotel?

I saw 2 1068s on ebay,one at $930 about a year old and one at $1199 thats almost brand new.Thats like 500-700 off retail for like new,one is almost new.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

When the 1057 replaced the 1056 which made people think the 1068 replacement is right around the corner (its not).

Kevin D.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

I have also seen some RSP 1098's sold for $1800-$1900 8O. They are like $4500 canadian up here.

The rsx1056 seem to do well still at around $900-$1000. I think they where $1300 US new.

But i don't think this is only with Rotel. I noticed ANTHEM D1's go for thousands less than what they are worth.

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

Don't know you can discern a trend from two sales. I have Martin Logan speakers and sold a pair of five year old Aerius i's a month ago for over $1100. In the weeks before and after the sale I saw the model go for a couple hundred more or less than what I got. Timing is everything in an auction and besides, the 1068 is three plus years old now so it is hardly cutting edge, esp with the new codecs now coming on line.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"