X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    • Jan 2005

Did I blow a channel on my amp?

I turned on my tv today and noticed I couldn't hear any dialog. So I went into my 1068's test tones and noticed that the center channel didn't appear to be working. I checked all connections, tried using a different center speaker, and I'm not having any luck.

If I put the test tone on the center, and crank the volume way up ( to like 78 ) I can barely hear the tone and it is rather crackly.

Is it possible that my 1075 blew a channel? I don't see anything weird going on with it, yet I can't figure out why one channel would just stop working.
    My gear
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

Might be a fuse. I blew a fuse on my 980 once or twice, easy to replace.
    Greg

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

I figured if i blew a fuse, that it would probably mean 0 sound on that channel right? I guess I'll open the amp up and see what I see.
      My gear

Comment

• Kyle
        • Jan 2005

Hm, how would I know which fuse to pull? I see 10 fuses in there, all of which look like normal fuses to me.
        My gear

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Did you try a different RCA cable from the 1068 to the 1075? You can move the left RCA to the center input, if you get sound it's either the 1068 of the RCA. Next move the center RCA to the left output. If you get sound it's the 1068, if not it's the RCA cable.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kyle
            • Jan 2005

Ok. I did a bit more troubleshooting and its my 1068.

I ran the Right surround channel OUT of the 1068 into the center of the 1075. It worked. So its the 1068. Should I try a factory reset? I tried running out of center2 as well and it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas? *shudder* factory reset?
            My gear

Comment

• Kyle
              • Jan 2005

Ok factory reset didn't fix it either. Are there fuses in a 1068? Should I just call it a day and schedule a repair? :/
              My gear

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

There's not a fuse that would cause that. I would call your dealer and have them set service up for you.

Kevin D.

Comment

• DelRay
                  • Jun 2004

Bummer Kyle. You never said if you tried a different cable for the center out of the 1068 to the center in on the 1075. Or maybe I missed something. Never mind, I reread post #6. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"