X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lin
    • Feb 2004

Maggies 1.6 and Rotel RA1070

I am going to go with the maggies 1.6....my advisor is recommending the rotl ra-1070....anyone out there with that combo? wondering if it would be a bit under-powered or not?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That depends on how loud you want to listen to them and if you have a subwoofer? I used to run my maggie 1.5's with a 90 watt HK power amp that wasn't nearly as strong as the 1070 is and it did fine at the levels I played..then I upgraded to a nice 125 watt musical fidelity amp and things improved a lot. Given the Rotel has about the same wattage as the MF I'd say that's a pretty good place to start. If you can afford the 1080 though I'd say that would be a wiser investment (in other words you'll keep the 1080 longer then the 1070 which might be a stop gap until you upgrade)

Comment

• Cowanrg
      • Feb 2004

i have magnepan 1.6's, and i was using one RB-1070, but it wasnt enough, so now im bi-amping with two 1070's, one for each speaker. that is good, but if i could do it over, i would use two 1080's instead. but i do have a pretty open room. not big, but high ceilings and its open.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"