X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Bombadil
    • Feb 2004

A new recruit to the club!

Hi there!

I have been following this forum since the middle of last year as I was interested in upgrading my home cinema system.

Using the detailed findings and information given on the forum, I took the plunge before Christmas and traded in my Marantz CD-17KI2, Musical Fidelity A3.2 Pre/Power, Denon 3802, Pioneer 757Ai DVD for….

Denon A11 (5900 US), Rotel RSP-1098 and the RMB-1075!!!

I have been delighted by these products and can not believe how good the Rotel kit is! I have always respected the brand and have finally become a member of the club. I was expecting a drop in music performance moving from the highly regarded Musical Fidelity kit (fantastic products BTW) but I have been very surprised by the Rotel combination. The sound is clean and very musical with “easy going” characteristics but with power and dynamics in reserve – very impressive – well done Rotel. Movie audio is even better – smacking the bottom of the impressive Denon receiver and sending it to stand in the corner. Effects scream with rapier accuracy and have made cinema sessions more enjoyable.

I would like to extend thanks for all of you guys who have posted your findings and experiences as without you I may not have leapt with such faith – thank you!

The rest of my kit is: Infocus 5700 projector and Kef Q7/Q9C/Q1 speakers with MJA Reference 150 sub. I will be looking to add the RB-1080 when I have been on holiday and done more work to my 200 year old house!

Kind regards

Darren

Source : Imagination
    Power : Courage
    Transducer : Action
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Darren,

Welcome to Club Rotel. I hope you enjoy it, learn from it, and become and active member who helps it grow and stay alive.

PS - Nice kit and you will lke that RB-1080 when you get round to it!

Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Darren,

Welcome to Club Rotel. I hope you enjoy it, learn from it, and become and active member who helps it grow and stay alive.

PS - Nice kit and you will lke that RB-1080 when you get round to it!

Geoff

Comment

• Tom Bombadil
        • Feb 2004

G'day Geoff!

Thanks for the welcome mate. Certainly hope to contribute though reading between the lines I think some of you chaps have close links to the mothership!

Looking forward to updating my firmware - it is currently at V1.1.03 as delivered. Been haning on for the latest as I can do without the hassle of unplugging and reconnecting!!

It seems that Rotel have an excellent level of comittment to their customers with the recent upgrades and modifications (I recently fitted the RF shield with positive results). The 1075 is flawless for the money and I have been delighted with the 1098. Perhaps minor niggles as noted in your excellent wish list if considered and implemented would make the 1098 perfect.

The screen is a real hoot and has drawn much attenetion from visiting guests. It is a shame it stays lit as there is a small amount of light spill from the edges and I am reluctant to turn it off as repeated power up/downs wont do it any favours.

Thanks again and take it easy...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Welcome to the club Darren..as a former brit its nice to see some UK members here:T

Comment

• Tom Bombadil
            • Feb 2004

Thanks for the welcome Andrew - you may remember that I contacted you around christmas when you found out I was from Yorkshire!

Best wishes to you and your family...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"