X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

2 channel for bedroom

the Anthem TLP-1 is a tuner; preamp. I realize there are no Rotel tuner pre-amps. which Rotel pre-amp is equivalent to the Anthem TLP-1 in terms of pre-amp.

I would like a tuner but will probably get the cheapest I can find e.g. RT02, some crappy tuner

I plan to run this 2/2.1 channel setup with B&W 602/603/604 depending on the budget.

what I have gathered so far:
    the tlp1 has bass management, even separate pre-outs for subwoofer and speaker.
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Depending on the subwoofer you get and its capabilities as far as hookup and setup go, you might not need bass management or separate outputs, but I can see where it would come in very handy.

I think the RC1-070 is the Rotel preamp that would come closest. It does have 2 outputs, but no bass management.

The Anthem stuff is really nice. So whatever floats your boat. Have you listened to both of them? That should be the deciding factor.

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

no listening whatsoever ... everything is new and in the box. listening and borrowing is not that "common" here.

I have to rely on online user's opinions, gauge their opinion's accuracy by comparing with known things or the user's previous posts.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

No problem. I looked at the specs on the Anthem, and it looks like its comparable to the Rotel RC-1070. The bass management is just a simple crossover fixed at 80Hz. So I dont know how much more flexible it would be with a sub. But then again it depends on what sub you end up with.

Good luck!

Comment

• mike c
          • Dec 2005

the price difference between the 03 and 1070 is negligible ...

but is there that much of a difference in sound between models like RC03, 1070 and 1090?

Comment

• Audiophiliac
            • Apr 2006

1090 has balanced outputs, RS232, and more inputs. I cant imagine the 3 are too different as far as sound goes. What are you using for an amplifier?

Comment

• mike c
              • Dec 2005

assuming I go with Rotel, I'm looking at least at the RB1080
              but since these pre-amps and tuners wasn't in my initial budget, Im gonna temporarily use a Rotel RMB1066 bridged to 150wpc

or if it's not too stupid ... maybe an anthem MCA20
              this unit's advantages are the auto signal sense (instead of using a trigger) - less risk of fuse trouble.
              its also cheaper.
              looks nice too.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"