X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael A
    • Mar 2006

Anthem AVM30 Preamp/Processorr

Does anybody out there have any experience or thoughts on the Anthem AVM30 preamp processor and/or the Anthem A5 power amp, with or without driving the Energy Veratas 2.3i, 2.2i, or 2.0ci speaker?
  • wildfire99
    • Aug 2005

I have one, it gets the job done, and doesn't cost a fortune (comparatively speaking). Enough inputs for everything. My only complaints are that it doesn't have enough digital coaxial inputs, a built-in full-featured multichannel EQ, and it doesn't do HDMI (that being reserved for the AVM-40/50/D2 models).

The sound is pretty good. My inputs (source material) seem to be the limitation on my setup (fed by a Pioneer 59avi). I'm using Parasound's Halo Ax1 amps with it, and DIY speakers.

If I had to do it again, I would be tempted by some Arcam stuff, just because it seems more exotic. At some point I should hook up my standby Pio 1014 and do a comparison for fun, but I don't think I'd hear much of a difference.
    - Patrick
    "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"