X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mig
    • Oct 2003

RSP1066 AND HEADPHONE AMP CONNECTION

Anyone? Need help with headphone setting on Pronto1000. For some reason, when listening to the movie on Denon2900 I only get music , but no dialog. The question is what should I put in my Pronto the digital input for DVD player or analog in order to get proper sound. HP amp is connected to tape out on 1066. Thanks for your response.
    Arkady
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Trying to figure out exactly what you're asking, but I think I got it.

Tape out will only send out what is plugged into the analog inputs. So there there no need to change the DVD input from digital to analog. Just set record out to the DVD input.

Looks like your Denon player has 5.1 outputs including two sets of FL/FR outputs. I'm thinking that since your Denon probably has a Dolby Digital decoder built in, that is kicking in when you are watching a movie. I think what you are getting on the FL/FR outputs is only what's on the front left and front right channels of the DVD (no center or rears). Most DVD players I've seen that have 5.1 outputs also have a separate stereo output that sends all channels in a downmixed stereo form.

See if there's a setting to only disable the Dolby digital decoder thats built in, otherwise you will have to go into the setup menu and disable Dolby Digital on all outputs which should put the FL/FR and the digital outputs into stereo only mode. Just remember to change it back before you watch another movie without the headphones.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mig
      • Oct 2003

Thanks Kevin. That is exactly what happening. Now I have to figure out how to deal with this issue. I guess have to read Denon book. Thanks again.
      Arkady

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"