X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wireseeker
    • Apr 2006

RA-03 bi amping with RB-03.

Hi all

I have just purchased the Ra-03 and set it up with a pair of Boston VR2's, and I am loving the sound. However, I was thinking of purchasing a second unit, the Rb-03 and bi amping the speakers using my exisiting RA-03.

Is this a good idea? Would the sound difference be worth it?
    Rotel - RB1080
    Rotel - RC1070
    NAD - T524\T534
    Boston - VR2
    Audioquest Midnight +
    AR Interconnects
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

I have a RB1070 driving a pair of VR2s. In the next month or so I'll add another RB1070 to bi-amp :T . My dealer and I will then test to see whether its better to bridge the amps (i.e.330W/ch) or to bi-amp. In a year's time, I'll however be upgrading to the Dynaudio 72s.
    As a matter of interest, my father has a pair of Boston VR1s hooked up to the RB03 and this amp is a beauty for its price. Though its a 70W/ch amp, it drives those Bostons with absolute ease.
    I would suggest you speak to your dealer and swop the RA03 for the RC03/RB03 pre/power amp combination. Here in South Africa its a R200 difference. The RC03 can pass signals out to two amps. The RC03 however does not have bass and treble controls, neither does it have the "contour" control which I have on the RC1070. You can however ask your dealer if you can test whether your RA03 plus a RB03 will be a better option. I would certainly go with the bi-amping idea.

Let me know however if this does make a difference. I very keen on your findings.
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• wireseeker
      • Apr 2006

Thanks, I have since chosen a slightly different route, but still need your help on if it will work.

I am taking my RA-03 back and swapping it for a RC-03 to which I am going to plug a RB-1080 into. I have the 1080 at home at the moment, and it is sounding amazing.

Question here is, is it really worth it to have the 1080 and rc-03 combo rather than just keeping the RA-03? If it is, then is the RC-03 ok to control the 1080?
      Rotel - RB1080
      Rotel - RC1070
      NAD - T524\T534
      Boston - VR2
      Audioquest Midnight +
      AR Interconnects

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"