X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob Baker
    • Apr 2006

Upgraded 1065 to version 2.24

Hey Guys, first time here. Just had my 1065 upgraded with the larger EPROM and latest software of 2.24. It had 1.1 . I'm not sure if i'm happy with the results. Was wondering if anyone might have has these same issues. First it seems to have some some on panel glitches, second fans kicked in about 1 1/2 use into a movie which has never happened before and i've pushed it way harder then this time. And most disappointing was the bass managment. I loved the bass before and now with the settings the same i'm getting muc less bass signal then before and i'm not happy about this. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Did you do a factory reset? That's usually needed with an EEPROM and firmware upgrade.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rob Baker
      • Apr 2006

When i received the 1065 all my setting in the menu had not changed. I figured after the upgrade it would have come back with the unit in default settings. I figured the trch that did the work more then likely copied down my settings and just put it back to the way it was. My plan was to call but being sunday i cannot. How would i go about doing a factory reset ? Thanks Kevin

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It's in the setup menu under DEFAULT. Change factory default to YES and hit enter.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rob Baker
          • Apr 2006

thanks....i'll give that a try. I did see the defaults but just wanted to make sure. i'm afraid of messing things up. Seems my new and improved 1065 my have more glithches then before.

Rob B.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Since you needed the eeprom update, you started with a very old version. There's a lot of fixes and changes in there, chances are you've found some work arounds to those problems that are no longer needed. It's probably going to take a whole round of relearning.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rob Baker
              • Apr 2006

understandable and i agree with you. strange thing is that on the on screen panel on the 1065 it says...dvd olby missing the "D" until the moive actually starts and tereo missing the "S" un most modes. Also one glitch from before was when you first turned on the 1065 and then started the dvd with music, it would always start playing sound a couple seconds into the song. If you then started the song from the beginning again it would play right from the start. Now...still does the same however everytime you scroll the the next song on the cd it starts a second or so into that song and so on. Also my sub, I have a 15" Klipsh, would always turn on right away once the 1065 start playing...now it doesn't unless i force it to or some very strong bass is in the signal. Just seems the signal out put from the 1065 is very minimal from once before when it was abosolutly perfect. I hope you right and i find out it a learning curve.

Rob B.

Comment

• Rob Baker
                • Apr 2006

kevin....i have been looking through other post for any usefull info and came across one about bass overkill. He was mentioning the LFE set up in the menu as Max, Yes, and No. mentioning that that was the only LFE set up he could find. You replied with,

LFE redirect option is under the MULTI-INPUT setup. Turning this on copies everything 100hz and below from the main multi-ins and sends it out the sub output. This only applies to the multi-input bypass, not BYPASS mode on the regular analog inputs.

Kevin D.

Is it possible this is what i'm after ? I'm not sure but i think i remember this option will in the menu but could put focus on it to look through those options. What mode do you have to be in to beable to get into Multi-input ? Eg. to get into speaker set up i have to be in 5.1 or digital to do a test tone on speaker output.

Rob.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

The LFE redirect feature is only available on the newer units (1067, 1068,etc). The 1065 always has the feature on, but will only effect the multi-inputs.

The subwoofer level output was changed in 1.3. The test tones were corrected along the line as well. You will want to re-run the test-tone setup with an SPL meter. Try boosting the sub-level by 5 or 10 for now and see if that gets it closer to what it was.

As far as the sound cutting out, there was a lot of issues on the first line from various digital sources that caused cut-outs and popping noises. Some of the fixes might have created new issues with your DVD player. Some people have had luck switching from optical to coaxial (or vice-versa if available), or even changing to difference optical cable brands.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rob Baker
                    • Apr 2006

I have never really had prolems with sound cutting out or popping. Just a delayed start when you first turn the 1065 on and start to listen to music. The music would be playing for about 1 to 2 seconds before the rotel would actually kick in and you'd hear anything. After that ever thing was fine. Right now i use Coaxial. Do you know what was changed to the Sub Level output from 1.1 to 1.3 ?

Rob.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Here's a listing of all the updates and what they do. It might help you narrow down what to look for:

Get the latest product software updates, USB drivers and set up utilities to keep your Rotel component up to date.

Comment

• Rob Baker
                        • Apr 2006

Kevin, Here is the responce i recieved back from Mike Sheehan at Rotel. Here he describes the changes in the bass managment with the updated software. Also giving me the same advise you had with the factory default settings....thanks

Dear Rob,

I'm sorry about your experience with your RSX 1065 receiver after the
                        updates. I would say that if the unit came back with all of your
                        original settings, it likely was not fully reset, and I would recommend
                        performing a factory default on the unit, as display glitches can
                        occasionally occur when a update is done and the unit is not reset.
                        This should take care of the display.

With regards to the bass management, the largest change made was the
                        subwoofer "Yes" and "Max" settings. In the original software design,
                        the "Yes" setting would play bass from both large & small speakers in
                        most analog or 2ch modes (i.e. Stereo, Pro Logic II, etc). However the
                        revision changed that, to be more in line with what was originally
                        intended. Now, if the subwoofer is set to "Yes", it will play bass from
                        ONLY Small speakers, or from a .1 LFE channel during 5.1 source
                        playback. So if you have your speakers all set to "Large", it will only
                        turn the subwoofer on when there is a dedicated subwoofer track playing.
                        If you do want the subwoofer on all the time, you can either set your
                        speakers to "Small", or set the Subwoofer to "Max".

The fans kick on when the amplifier reaches a threshold temperature
                        internally, and should not be related to the software in the unit. I
                        would doublecheck all your speaker wiring, and make sure you don't have
                        any blown speaker drivers as a blown speaker will present a much lower
                        impedance to the amp than normal and this could in turn increase the
                        running temp of the amp.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"