X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Interesting conversation on RSP-1068 on another Forum

Well guys, I have been going back and forth on another thread with this “will” guy on another forum here. He seems not very happy with Club Rotel.

Just wanted to share the fun

Thanks,
    Maziar
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Mine is that he's missing out on a great forum

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Maziar,

Frustrating isn't it...

Some people expect the clubs or forums to be mysteriously perfect in their advice or get angry and the forums (or individuals) for what is really people trying to help or the manufacturer failing to provide decent timely information creating market confusion (my view of this case) ...

My sense is that your "friend" is going to be suspicious and angry until he sees the information on Rotel's site. If I were you, I'd leave the other thread alone and just do a single follow up post to the right link when Rotel get their act together on their site. Otherwise you have posting tennis happening –

I'm right
      No I'm right
      No I'm right...

:roll:

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Maziar, I concur with Geoff, don't perpetuate the issue, it's futile, until you can provide an answer.

I truly enjoy this forum., to paraphrase Jason, that's his loss.

Keep it real,

Azeke

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

Thanks guys.

That is exactly what I decided to do, but I just could not help posting the last message .

I just had to ask him what he would think of Rotel having sections about DPIIx in the RSP-1068 manual. I am sure he will then accuse us of lying

No more posts there until I can post a link to DPIIx software upgrade for both RSP-1068 and RSP-1098 (now I am relying on Rotel on this and I am sure they will come true). I will probably PM him as well :LOL:.

I am not usually stubborn like this and let it go, and hate the I am right, you are right Ping-Pong, but I hate it when people accuse you of lying and providing false information when I am just trying to help. I also found it that people at AVS do not like Rotel that much and usually put the brand dawn which is just a shame.

Thanks,
          Maziar

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

I also added a little wood on the fire ...

Also mentioned that DPL IIx was mentioned in the Rotel press sheets for the 1056. Also mentioned that this is an unofficial forum, so any views expressed here are not that of Rotel. Sure Andrew and some others have good contacts, but its not an official forum, so always think first before deciding with only using a forum as your information source.

Comment

• mazuly
              • Feb 2003

Thanks Scarp. Well said.

You know, it is interesting that all this happened even though I mentioned the word UNOFICIAL in my first post twice

Maziar

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Oh well I guess we can't please everyone afterall

Comment

• Scarp
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                  Oh well I guess we can't please everyone afterall
                  Thats impossible anyway ... so don't even try

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"