X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob4mvg
    • Mar 2005

Bypass mode, RSX 1067

I thought I'd try bypass mode for the first time and have a question. I moved my CD players' analog connections to the Multi inputs of the 1067. Playback through to my mains sounded great, but no output to my Zone 2 connection in the other room from the CD player. Does that sound right that bypass from CD would skip Zone 2, or is there something that I'm missing? I listen to Zone 2 CD a lot.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Mutli inputs are just bypassed inputs direct to the channels, no zone 2. You can set a bypass mode on ANY of the analog inputs as well and still retain zone operation.

Select the normal CD input and I think hit the STEREO mode button untill the display reads BYPASS.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bob4mvg
      • Mar 2005

Worked like a charm Kevin. Thanks for the HELP!!
      Bob

Comment

• Cornchips
        • Nov 2005

RSX-1067 BYPASS Options

That is correct -- either double-pump the 2-channel button on the remote or select analog (and scroll through stereo to bypass) on the INPUT menu.

BTW: You may only be using the L/R inputs (of the available EXT Inputs) but that doesn't stop the RSX-1067 from firing up every channel. Can't help by think you lose out on wattage and current.

If you really want an Ext Source on Zone 2 -- put a Y on the L/R outputs of the DVD/SACD and run the 2nd pair into any available analog input on the RSX-1067. You'll get enough of the source for ambient listening -- it's better than silence.

--ksr
        Don't touch that wire...
        The touching story of one man and several amplifiers.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"