X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schultz
    • Feb 2004

RSX-1055 Problem...HELP!!!

Hi there...

Im in serious problems, today I tried to upgrade my RSX-1055, I followed the procedure found at Rotels website, finalized the update and checked if the checksum was correct (it was) and it "told" me Download OK.

But..but...when I tried to turn it back on; after I had powered it off, unpluged the RS-232 cable and set the dip switches back in off position...IT SIMPLY DONT REACT WHEN I PUSH THE POWER BUTTON... :cry:

Please let me know that it is a known problem, and it can be fixed by myself.

I have also tried to do the procedure allover again, but without success!!

Schultz
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

What version of the windows you are using? I have heard some people having the same problem using win95. Try finding a PC with 2000 or XP and do it again.

This also happened to me one time with my 1066 because my laptop went to standby in the middle of the upgrade. I did it again and the unit started up no problems.

Try doing it again. Print the procedure and put it right in front of you and do it one step at a time. I am sure it will work out for you.

Good luck,
    Maziar

Comment

• Schultz
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by mazuly
      What version of the windows you are using? I have heard some people having the same problem using win95. Try finding a PC with 2000 or XP and do it again.

This also happened to me one time with my 1066 because my laptop went to standby in the middle of the upgrade. I did it again and the unit started up no problems.

Try doing it again. Print the procedure and put it right in front of you and do it one step at a time. I am sure it will work out for you.

Good luck,
      Maziar
      Hi I'm using Windows Server 2003, cause I dont have a com-port on my own computer...I'll try doing it on a Windows XP, eventhough it is the same core!

Schultz

Comment

• Schultz
        • Feb 2004

Hi again...

You saved my day, I did the process all over again, on a windows xp computer "with a com-port", and it worked out fine. Last time when i did the upgrade-process it took about 1½ min, but now it took about 15 min.

THANKS THANKS....

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

You welcome, glad to help

Maziar

Comment

• mazuly
            • Feb 2003

Hey Andrew, can you maybe send this information to your Rotel contact so they update their upgrading procedure. It seems that some versions of windows do not work properly.

Thanks,
            Maziar

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"