X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jarrod
    • Feb 2004

RSP-1068 crossover...

...can be set for each channel.

This is making my decision harder. I just ordered a B&K ref50 today but this new information I got from Rotel tech support is making me question my decision...

Anyone care to comment on the usefulness of this feature? My speakers are B&W CDM7-NT, CDM-CNT, CDM-SNT so I do think this feature would be useful in my case...
  • Ossi
    • Jul 2003

I believe the 1068 is going to be a little 1098. However, the price cut have to materilized in some way, mean the parts used are surely not going to be of equal quality. Otherwise the price asked for the 1068 would not be possible. A B&K ref 50 surely is a wonderful machine, so if you like it, I wouldn't look back. And the next Pre/pro is only 2 or 3 years away, isn't it so :LOL:

Comment

• Ossi
      • Jul 2003

I believe the 1068 is going to be a little 1098. However, the price cut have to materilized in some way, mean the parts used are surely not going to be of equal quality. Otherwise the price asked for the 1068 would not be possible. A B&K ref 50 surely is a wonderful machine, so if you like it, I wouldn't look back. And the next Pre/pro is only 2 or 3 years away, isn't it so :LOL:

Comment

• Jarrod
        • Feb 2004

Thanks for the reply! You've reinforced my decision to stay with the B&K. I think the Rotel will be a great machine, but right now the B&K is an incredible value and like you said, pre/pros are always coming and going anyway (much to the dismay of my wife).

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

And stop writing to Rotel Tech Support. Fight it

Enjoy your B&K. I am sure it is a wonderful machine.

Thanks,
          Maziar

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

Setting x/overs for each channel or sets of channels has become something of a trend lately. However, there are good technical reasons not to do this. You can do a search at Home Theater Forum or AVS forum on this topic. I am also sure posters on this forum can give you good reasons not to use this feature.

Comment

• hanser
              • May 2002

I have the same speakers than you (except surrounds, but they are similar). and put the crossover to 60 Hz on the RSP 1066 for all channels. This works excellent, since even the smaller speakers have a good in-room-response down to 50 Hz. So , in my opinion the setting of different crossovers is not necessary and may even cause more problems, as already mentioned.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"