X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

Martin Logan and Rotel

I have an opportunity for a good deal on a Rotel 1055 receiver. I use Martin Logan Aerius i, Cinema and Scenario speakers in a five channel setup. Anyone with experience with ML and Rotel? How is sound quality and power with these speakers? Thanks. PS I have posted this question on the ML Club site. :LOL:
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome Steve

I'm not familiar with Martin Logans personally, though I've read they're quite nice but I've also read they require a fair bit of juice. As such you may find you'll need more power but you can simply add an external amp if you find the juice lacking.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Shadow,

Welcome to the Club. I concur with Jason, I don't own Martin Logans, but from what I've heard they need separate power amps to drive them efficiently.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

In a perfect world I would go separates but the money is not there now. I would like to know how this receiver sounds with the ML speakers. If I need more power I can always add an amp later. I am interested in the timber of the combo. The local Rotel dealer is not one I have patronized in the past so I doubt he will give me a home trial. Given the time it takes to do a home trial, I was hoping someone would have some experience with this combo.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The Rotel should do fine with the ML's load but like the others pointed out more power would be adviseable...still the Rotel shouldn't shut down like so many other receivers would if asked to push those speakers and IMO the rotel should mate nicely with the electrostat's.

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Martin Logans don't need a lot of power, however ML is known for its neutral sound and Rotel isn't very neutral.

Comment

• shadow
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Scarp
              Martin Logans don't need a lot of power, however ML is known for its neutral sound and Rotel isn't very neutral.
              Perhaps you can explain what you mean by this statement :?: The worst thing you can say about electronics IMO is that they are not neutral since that then requires the user to "color match" speakers, source etc to the electronics in order to get something resembling good sound. A more detailed explanation would prove helpful to me.

Comment

• kneptune
                • Jan 2004

A local dealer of mine used to demo ML speakers with Rotel integrated amps and receivers and they sounded very nice. The MLs/Rotels were in the same room as Krell equipment, yet they used Rotel amplification.

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"