X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheTownHalo
    • Oct 2005

1072 + DVD Player?

I'm getting close to purchasing a good DVD player. I would love to have one player that does excellent CD AND DVD playback---one as good as the 1072. I absolutely LOVE my 1072 matched with my RX-1050 and B&W speakers. I don't know if I should go with a separate Rotel DVD player, or check out the Arcam DV79 as a possible DVD player that can match (or even surpass) the sound of the 1072. On the other hand, I just love the Rotel/B&W marriage, and I don't know if I want to break that up...hmmm....I wish Rotel had a DVD player that does both equally as good.......
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Wait for Rotel RDV-1092

TheTownHalo,

Rotel will be coming out very soon with a new flagship DVD player. It will have HDMI and upconversion to 1080p. I believe it will also have DVD Audio
    (Rotel doesn't seem to want to get into SACD). Knowing Rotel, the music side will be pretty good. The price will be between $1500 and $2000 (I talked to Rotel directly). I have read elsewhere that the price will be $1800 US. I would wait for your dealer to get one and then check it out. Hope this helps.

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

Ditto on What HTSteve said. There's a chance that new DVD will have 1072 sound quality, especially at a $1800 price tag.

Comment

• wrekkah
        • Mar 2005

Have you seen the new NAD M55. It's a beautiful piece of kit with SACD capabilities. I hope Rotel comes out with their new player soon or I might be tempted to drop the $1800 on this new NAD player.

Cheers,
        Aaron

Comment

• TheTownHalo
          • Oct 2005

My dealer also metioned this to me...I'll wait and see what Rotel releases...

However, I sure hope that price is incorrect. Rotel has always been so affordable.....if I need to spend $1800 for one of their DVD players to match or surpass the 1072, I'm probably going to start looking into Arcam.

Of course, it's all speculation at this point....we'll see what happens....

Comment

• bzrk
            • Oct 2005

i agree... spending 1800 dollars on a player with new standards (??) on the horizon sounds stupid
            Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• gianni
              • Nov 2002

I like Arcam, the DV79 and think the cd73 is a great player for the money. It's CD playback (DV79) is good but I really don't think that the DV79 is going to give you what you are looking for - I say this because of a side by side comparison of the DV79 and CD73.

You are going to have to spend a lot of money for a DVD to equal the 1072 and cd73. I would stick with the CD player and a modestly priced DVD player. Besides, if you listen to a lot of CD, the most DVD players are slow loading and the menus are not as convenient as a cd player.

If you are going to spend big bucks on a DVD player, wait and see how the new high def formats shake out. At that point, if you opt for BR or HD DVD, you will still have your great sounding dedicated CD player allowing you more latitued in DVD player selection.

Comment

• jim777
                • Mar 2005

To beat the RCD1072, the new "flagship" DVD player will need to sound *alot* better than the RDV1050...

Comment

• TheTownHalo
                  • Oct 2005

So...has anyone had a chance to compare Rotel's flagship DVD player vs the 1072?

Comment

• 8thDwarf
                    • Feb 2005

You should go with a separate player,why mess with love.

Comment

• Navin R. Johnso
                      • Apr 2006

Rotel 1072 + Oppo 971. For the $900 those two together cost no DVD player can beat that combo.

Comment

• jayhawk75
                        • Apr 2006

and i thought this was a joke bringing back a year old thread. people are responding, so no i didnt need to test the new dvd player in 2006 i went straight to marantz 7600 with 1072 based on rotel dealer recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"