X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesopaul
    • Mar 2006

Rack to fit Rotel gear

Hi there, first time at posting.

I live in Australia and am having a huge problem finding an audio rack capable of both fitting in and supporting my components.

The system is still under development but currently I possess the Rotel Rb1090 and the RMB1095. Waiting for the new lineup of Rotel gear ( RSP1098 replacement inclusive ) but envisage having all the source and processing equipment as Rotel. Problem is, with the dimensions of the two above-mentioned amps, no rack I have found has the shelving high enough to support the height of the two Power amps, let alone their weight. When I do eventually have all the equipment I was after, the rack will probable need to be about six shelves in dimension and able to support a combined weight of about 110kg ( 240lb ).

None of the racks I have seen or enquired about so far can fit all the proposed items, in particular the amps. If anyone has found a brand or solution that can achieve all of this please let me know.

Regards to All !
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Here is the thread I started a few days ago:

Some good information there, but I hope somebody can chime in with some more...

Comment

• bung99
      • Nov 2005

In Aus Bunnings have " Connect-It " which are black aluminium sections that you can connect to make up a rack. They only have 3 sizes here in brisbane. You will nead to cut it to fit & that needs a metal drop saw. CAPRAL aluminium also have the same stuff called "Qubelok" but they sell it in 6.5m lengths only & charge $2.00 for every cut (in Brisbane). Have a look at www.capral.com.au. Back a while ago one of the crew on the forum at http://www.dba.org.au/ gave me the idea. I have one about a 1m high .455 wide & deep (inner measure) with 5 shelves including the bottom & top with my 1095 sitting in the bottom (extra spaces under to allow more air) with my rsx972 on the next shelf. It cost about $150aus all up to make. It sutes me fine no flash furniture or surrounds here only good sound.

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

I don't know what the options are for purchasing in Australia, but I went with a Synergy system from Salamander Designs. Very simple, sturdy, and flexable. There are several color options and you can custom design almost any configuration you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"