X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Dolby True HD & DTS-HD????

Hello All,

Will be be able to upgrade via downloading these two new sounds coming out for Blu-Ray & HD-DVD? Or is everyone buying new equipment to get the new surround sound fields?

June
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

hi June,

I just posted a question regarding this format, and it was brought to my attention that the obvious cable solution for Dolby HD (etc) will be via HDMI cable. Thus, since there is not any present hardware (that I know of) that can accept digital audio via HDMI, it'll almost certainly require a hardware update. That and I personally doubt the current decoding chips could handle decoding 8 channels of HD audio, but I'm certainly no expert.

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

You can always use the analog outs of the player.

Anything that doesn't already have an audio HDMI input though, there's no way you're going to get anything downloadable, and highly doubtful you'll get hardware upgrade either. Even the Rotel video scaler doesn't support audio over HDMI afaik.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"