X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shazbot
    • Oct 2003

clinks when changing volume with the 1098

I posted this a while ago but had very little come back

So I am re posting it with a clearer subject and clearer message hoping that some of you will test and come back to me

I can hear two clicks thru my speakers when changing the volume on the 1098 and only between volume 66/67 and 74/75

This click can only be heard thru the speakers at these two settings all other settings are clean

Can some of you test this and see if it just my machine or a bug in the software/hardware, I have contacted Rotel but they wern't helpful saying that it couldn't be the software (am running 1.16) and that it seemed dificult to be the hardware

Before I return it to the shop I was hoping that some of youtest to see if I am alown with this problem

To check this without blowing your speakers just play a CD and place it on pause and turn up or down the volume

Thanks to all in advance

Shazbot
  • skipm
    • Jun 2003

Shaz-

I recalibrated my speakers last nite before watching a DVD and I had the volume up around 77/78 in order to reach 75dB reference level and I heard no clicks. Also, when watching TV I usually have the volume set anywhere between 40 to 45 and when watching a DVD I turn it up around 67/68 and I've never heard any clicking sound like you described through the speakers. I'll check it again tonite when I go home specifically at the settings you mentioned and let you know.

-Skip

Comment

• shazbot
      • Oct 2003

Thanks for your answer, lokk forawrd to hearing from you again

The click is very quite and only just be heard, while playing music you probably won't hear it

Thats why it better to place the CD ou DVD on pause
      Shazbot

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

Hi,

Yes mine does it as well. It's not so much as clicking as it sounds like the volume gets louder not smoothly and it goes up by increments (it is just hard to explain). I am not sure at what volume it does it but it is around 60 to 75 range. I personally don't worry about it. I think this is a software glitch with how the volume is ramped up and hopefully Rotel can fix it in the next software upgrade.

Thanks,
        Maziar

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Shaz-

I paused a DVD-Audio that I was listening to, put my ear next to the right front speaker and cranked the volume all the way up and down a couple of times and I didn't hear any clicks. I don't know what to tell you. If you dealer has one on display you should try testing it to see if it does the same.

Good luck,

-Skip

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"