• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

1056 Bass Management???

Hey dudes!

Well I bought the 1056! Getting it on Wednesday.... I have some questions...just the beginning I' m sure!

O.K> I am buying 4 passif subs...I want to know Can I program the 1056' s Pre amp on stereo mode (2 channel) to set the sub frequency at 60hz....and...when I am on DTS or DD set it to 80hz permenantly...

Also can the 2 channel stereo mode be set to large...while on DTS or DD set to small..permenently...

Last but not least when I set the spealker setting to large does it affect the power of the sub....Presently my Onkyo when you set the speakers to alrge the sub barely does anything...

well Merci buckets boys!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Bammer! You mean you didn't already download the instructions from Rotels web page to read in advance of the delivery of your equipment?! 8O I'm not the only person who does that? Am I? ops:

In short, yes. The 1056 will allow you to have seperate and different bass management for different surround formats.

In most cases, the standard speaker configuration described above is a global setting and can be used for all surround modes. However, the RSX-1056 provides the capability to customize these settings for four different surround modes: Dolby, DTS, Stereo, and Music. For example, you could set up the Dolby and DTS modes for 5.1 channel sound, while the Stereo mode changes to a 2-speaker setup with or without a subwoofer. In addition, the ADVANCED SPEAKER SETUP allows you to select a customized high-pass crossover frequency for the front, center, surround, and surround back speakers.
    For more information click on the link below and check out pages 39 and 40.

Last but not least when I set the spealker setting to large does it affect the power of the sub....Presently my Onkyo when you set the speakers to alrge the sub barely does anything...
    When you set any speakers to large you're telling the processor that it is "full range" and hence no bass will be redirected from it to the sub. Therefore if you listen to any source with out a dedicated subwoofer or ".1" channel you will have no bass coming from the sub as none is being redirected there. So the sub will produce even less than barely anything it should produce nadda, squat, zip...etc

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Jason!

Thanks a rooney!

Every time I go on the url my pc freezes up :? :stupidpc:

As for the 2 channel stereo part...I can have 2 or 3 options for 2 channel stereo is what I understood....

Excellent!!!!

Out of curiousity...what king of interesting features does this baby have that aren`t so obvious to know about ?

Thanks!

Bam!
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"