X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfinneru
    • Nov 2003

new rotel gear

why isn't it more talk about the new rotel prosessors 1069/1099 and the new 1080p dvd-player? these are due to hit the streets mar/apr. also new receivers on the way.
    brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There isn't more talk of a 1069 and 1099 because your source information is wrong. There's plenty of talk of the RDV-1092 DVD player if you do a search. Most of the new pre-amps and receivers aren't due to to hit the streets for quite a while.

Kevin D.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

The new Rotel gear that is due out will be the RDV-1092 DVD player with built in scaler and selectable output up to 1080p. Also the RVE-1070 external video scaler box with multiple HDMI inputs and scaling up to 1080p. I beleive that any new receivers or processors are a long way off still. Oh, their new UPS devices are due very soon as well. They have been doing some exciting things at Rotel lately with the Class D amps and all this new equipment on the way. I can't wait

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• jfinneru
        • Nov 2003

since the source is the importer I don't think it's to wrong. I am waiting for more info
        brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

My dealer says 1057 receiver will be here in April.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jfinneru
            since the source is the importer I don't think it's to wrong. I am waiting for more info
            I really suspect your importer is just speculating. It isn't even Rotels style to introduce both their high end and low end processor simultaneoulsy. They would probably introduce a "1099" update first, followed by a 1069 about a year later.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• shadow
              • Dec 2003

OTOH, if the 1057 is coming out very soon, and the current 1056 is based on the 1068 pre/pro, it would likely seem that a 1069 is closer to release than a 1099.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by shadow
                OTOH, if the 1057 is coming out very soon, and the current 1056 is based on the 1068 pre/pro, it would likely seem that a 1069 is closer to release than a 1099.
                As long as the 1057 is a replacement and not just an update.....

Kevin D.

Comment

• shadow
                  • Dec 2003

Well, the 1068 was an update to the 1066 as was the 1056 to the 55. The "update" resulted in a substantial improvement in sound as well as increased functionality. The only significant improvement I expect in the 1057 is HDMI video imputs and outputs. Therefore, I expect a 1069 very soon.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                    I really suspect your importer is just speculating. It isn't even Rotels style to introduce both their high end and low end processor simultaneoulsy. They would probably introduce a "1099" update first, followed by a 1069 about a year later.
                    Jerry,

In this case the importer is (to the best of my knowledge) right. Think 1057, then 1058 (HDMI scaling etc) followed later by the higher end offerings (the reverse of Rotel's previous strategy). My understanding is that this is due to a combination of wanting a killer product in the very competitive reciever market and the immaturaty of some of the emerging technology (e.g. DD-HD and DTS-HD) targeted for the higher end range...

Geoff

Comment

• Clepto
                      • Feb 2006

Well, the 1068 was an update to the 1066 as was the 1056 to the 55. The "update" resulted in a substantial improvement in sound as well as increased functionality. The only significant improvement I expect in the 1057 is HDMI video imputs and outputs. Therefore, I expect a 1069 very soon.
                      I would hope for HDMI audio as well...

Comment

• shadow
                        • Dec 2003

Me too, but it probably will not be version 1.3 which is necessary as I understand to transmit uncompressed audio under the new-to-come dvd sources.

Comment

• jim777
                          • Mar 2005

The RDV-1092 is taking so much time to come out that Rotel should maybe wait for HD-DVD or Bluray

Comment

• FernandoF
                            • Nov 2005

I bought 30 days ago a brand new RSX-1056 from an authorized dealer in the US. And I've been reading that the 1057 will be released soon. Of course I'm a little bit disappointed.

My question is : I'm not sure how these things work in the US, but is it likely that my dealer would be willing to trade my "old" model in for the new one for, say, very close to what I paid ?

Thanks in advance !

Comment

• Clepto
                              • Feb 2006

Me too, but it probably will not be version 1.3 which is necessary as I understand to transmit uncompressed audio under the new-to-come dvd sources.
                              Not necessarily. HDMI 1.1 supports at least 6 channel 24/96 PCM, it might go up to 8, but I'm not 100% on that...

Comment

• Kevin D
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by FernandoF
                                I bought 30 days ago a brand new RSX-1056 from an authorized dealer in the US. And I've been reading that the 1057 will be released soon. Of course I'm a little bit disappointed.
                                It's up to the dealer to decide what type of upgrade procedures they have. Some give 100% credit for 6 months, some refund 90%, some don't do anything.

I will say this for you and for everyone else who may be getting upset. The 1057 is not going to be worth upgrading from the 1056 for most people. It's not going to be a substantial update at all, more of a few small changes. The new units with all the latest bells and whistles are still not going to be out for another 6-9 months.

Kevin D.

Comment

• FernandoF
                                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                                  The 1057 is not going to be worth upgrading from the 1056 for most people. It's not going to be a substantial update at all, more of a few small changes.
                                  Thanks a lot, Kevin. That certainly makes me less upset...

Comment

• moe32274
                                    • Nov 2005

Rsx 1057

So is the 1057 coming out soon or what?

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"