X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelEyes
    • Feb 2006

Rotel Newbie - M&K?

Hi,

Had my 1068 & 1075 a few days now and have to say I am very pleased :T a major improvement over my aging Sony STR DB940.

My speakers consist of:

Fronts - 2x Mission 733 (about 10 years old)
    Centre - Mission 77C
    Surrounds 2x M&K Xenon 25 Tripole Surrounds
    Sub - SVS PB12 Ultra

The obvious weak link is the front 3 speakers. For a while I was considering the M&K MP150 wall mounted fronts but they are really out of my price range at the moment. I have recently thought about the new M&K 36 Xenons instead as they are cheaper (approx £1200 for all 3) and are really small

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? The setup is 90% watching movies and my preference is something discreet, so either wall mounted or small dimensions.

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

The Xenon 35's are amazing little beasts and play much bigger than a box that size has any right to. They are little dynamos. However considering your nice electronics, you should also listen to some of the M&k's with the 5 1/4 in drivers, even if they are the single driver variety (650's, 1510's etc.) I'm not saying the X 35's aren't good, it's just that depending on your room, you might enjoy the dynamics of a bigger speaker. Also the 35's will have to be crossed over a little higher (100 or 120hz) and may lead to a little more subwoofer localization if not properly setup. I do admit the size and form factor of the 35's does make them tempting - I almost bought a pair cuz they are trick little speakers.

Comment

• mattburk
      • Feb 2003

the 750/850/s150 are all great!
      www.mycstone.com
      www.coverednow.com
      www.biarenton.com

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Originally posted by mattburk
        the 750/850/s150 are all great!
        Yes they are if that is your taste - I really like my 850's paired w/ my Rotel gear. If you go 850's or better you also get the better tweeter.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"