X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brac
    • Aug 2005

Need help with Upgrade

Hey All,

My new (first) HT is now up and running. So it must be time to upgrade, so here is my question.. I now have a JVC RX 9000VBK receiver. I want to start changing over to seperates.. So the Rotel unit I am guessing I would need/want is an RMB1095 (I could be way off).
    How do I hook this up to my reciever? To start using an amp? I am really lost about what I am doing and in Rual Maine where I live there is nowone to turn to for help. As I understand the Rotel unit is only an Amp so I still need a reciever for switching between sorces?? but the JVC doesn't have pre-outs for all channels..Also how to you feed a sub when using seperates?.. Since I know the question is coming, here is my equip list.

oppo upconverting dvd player
    JVC RX 9000 VBK reciever
    infocus SP 5000 LCD projector
    117" diy painted screen
    KLF 30 Mains
    Synergy center (looking for a good price on a C-7)
    KSW 300 Sub
    KSP-S6 surrounds

Sorry the question isn't spelled out better but I am really lost.
    Brac
    Dexter, Maine
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I am by no means an expert when it comes to HT - I am a 2 ch purist. IMHO, your best bet would be to get a dedicated preamp/processor (pre/pro) to use with the RMB-1095, like a RSP-1068. You won't be able to use your JVC as a pre/pro since it does not have a pre-out for all channels. As far as a sub hook-up, most pre/pro have a dedicated out for a sub. On my 2 ch system my sub is hooked up via the second set of pre-outs on my preamp.

Miner

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"