X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tominizer
    • Aug 2003

May be time to go shopping !!

I think my MKI RB 985 is sold !!

So time to go amp shopping. I still have the RB 991. Was thinking of trying to find two more :LOL: One 991 on the front L and R, one 991 on the rears (overkill I know) and one 991 for the centre channel and sub. Unless someone knows of some killer deals happening somewhere that I should be runnning after????
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

Hi,

You waht would be very cool, to have two RB-993 amps. I had this in mind, but they are damn hard to find in Holland. I found the difference between the 991 and the 993 absolutely zero.

I wanted to sell my RB981 and get 2 pieces of 993. That is an impossible task. Of you find one they are very expensive. Just like the 985 you sold, good ones are not cheap.

So I did stick to my 981 and got a used 985MKII. Thet are almost the same in power, so a nice combo. Unless I stumble upon a nice 991, I might trade in my 981. The 991 has the 10 series look just like the 985MkII. Fit nice with my (soon to buy) rsp-1068.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• lazermike
      • Jul 2003

Check out ebay, one guy has 4- 991's listed for 500 ea.

Comment

• tominizer
        • Aug 2003

So my 985 MKI is sold. And someone has shown interest in the rest of the matching system. Hopefully by the end of today, that may be sold as well.

Yeah, I saw that.......... he has a nice system he's dumping.

993 are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I only wish. Two 993's or three 991's.

Comment

• Jonesy
          • Feb 2003

I don't want to hijack this thread, but you guys seem like the right group of people to answer this question.

I too have an assortment of discontinued Rotels that I really enjoy. I am currently running a 991 for mains, a 985mkII for 3 surrounds & 2 patio speakers, and a 971 bridged mono for the center.

Having recently bought an Outlaw 950 I'm looking to move from 6.1 to 7.1. I will move the center to the 985 and put the new surround channel there as well. The 971 will then be relegated to zone two duty.

The question is will I lose any detail moving the center from 180w to 100w on the 985? I have a while as I can't seem to find a matching surround speaker on the cheap, but I was just curious what you guys think. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"