X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kneptune
    • Jan 2004

Rumours of Rotel SACD player

Just spoke with one of the Rotel dealers in the region and he just returned yesterday from CES 2004. He mentioned that Rotel told him that they will be introducing a DVD player with SACD capabilities this year (and I'm assuming with DVD-A as well). Timeframe was still TBD.

That's all the details I have right now.

Kevin
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Interesting! :P Hopefully we can get some more concrete info to verify either way...

Learning recently that there is an SACD2 spec apparently out there that is not backwards compatible does not give me the warm fuzzies though... :roll:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

Before anyone asks, here's the info on the rumoured SACD II spec...

-Skip

Comment

• george king
        • Dec 2000

Personally, I do not think anything will come of SACD2, or, at the very least they will make it backwards compatible. There really is no point to the SACD2, and as the article makes clear, the 2 formats become identical, and there is no way, except personal preference, to decide between them.

SACDs have been selling reasonably well, in contrast to DVD-As, so I do not see the point, but I could be wrong.

I would love to see a universal Rotel player.

Comment

• mutley
          • May 2003

i would love to see a high-end dvd-video player.

maybe with HDMI and DVI

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true!
          Gus

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I doubt you'll see HDMI or DVI mutley. Rotel is waiting for something to actually become standard and before making the equipment more expensive by adding parts that might be useless in two years and I personally agree with that. What I'd love to see is a well built player with really good component outs that could be upsampled, DVD-A and SACD (hopefully SACD doesn't screw things up) all in one player. I personally would prefer they spend the time and money getting the existing technologies working as best as they can before putting in technologies that may not exist later.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• mutley
              • May 2003

i agree too.

i said maybe. but the main point is having a Rotel DVD player that can compete wiht 868 form pioneer; 2900 from Denon; dv78 from Arcam. And the 1060 isn't that machine.

I only use component. So i don't need DVI or HDMI, but it was nice to have it.

Gus

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"