X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Using Zone 2 with RSX 1067

I am looking to get a little advice on setting up a second zone in a bathroom i am renovating. Just so I understand it... I can use the 2nd zone completley independent of the other 5.1 channels right? If I was listening to 2Channel on my main system can I also listen to the same music in 2 channel in zone 2?

What about a sub? Can I somehow have the second "sub out" on the rsx 1067 be dedicated only to zone 2? I am planing on getting a pair of FPM 2s for my bathroom and was thinking of trying to find the smallest sub I can...maybe a B&W AS1.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Correct, you can use the center rear outputs to drive zone 2 speakers. It isn't easily swappable, so if you have a 7.1 system you will need another amp. (IE, you can't go from 7.1 system to a 5.1 + 2 and back on the fly).

As far as sub, there are zone 2 RCA outputs that could power a sub, but considering the distance I would just run it high level. Speaker wires from amp to sub and speaker wires from sub to speakers.

Also keep in mind anything you want on zone 2 needs to be hooked up with analog connections as well. The 1067 will not convert a digital input to the zone 2 outputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• SQconstable
      • Mar 2005

"The 1067 will not convert a digital input to the zone 2 outputs."

"NOTE: Only analog input signals are available
      at the Zone 2 outputs. Source components
      connected to only the digital inputs are
      not available in Zone 2."

but then later it says..

"SOURCE: Specifies a source for listening in
      Zone 2. Options are CD, TUNER, TAPE, VIDEO
      1–5, SOURCE, and OFF. Selecting the
      SOURCE option links the Zone 2 source to the
      source selected for the main zone so that Zone
      2 will hear the same source as the main zone."

That's contradictory in a way to me because SOURCE could be something I'm listening to that is only connected via Optical or Coaxial. If that does work, then that has to be the exception.

Man, it would be cool if there was some sort of subwoofer routing to the Zone 2 internal amps (instead of Center Back) so one could actually use that amplifier section to drive a sub.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SQconstable
        That's contradictory in a way to me because SOURCE could be something I'm listening to that is only connected via Optical or Coaxial. If that does work, then that has to be the exception.
        Correct, SOURCE could be something only connected via optical or coaxial. If that's the case, you will NOT get sound out of zone 2. The unit doesn't know if you have analog connected or not, it just passes whats at the analog connections to zone2. As far as it's concerned, everything *could* have analog connected so everything *could* be valid for zone 2.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ekkoville
          • Aug 2004

I have a 1068 and it will not pass any digital signal to zone 2.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"