Dolby Digital Mono using more than Centre?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddyg
    • Mar 2004

Dolby Digital Mono using more than Centre?

Hi,

Is there any special trick to get a DVD which has a Dolby Digital Mono sound track to use more than just the Centre channel on a 1098?

I've tried changing modes, but it will only allow "Dolby Digital" and only enables the Centre channel. What I would like is to have the Left and Right channels also on to widen the sound stage a bit.

Cheers, Edward.
  • eddyg
    • Mar 2004

No worries - I sussed it out.

I changed the DVD player to PCM from PCM/Stream and then I could change the mode. The DTS Nero one (odd) gave me FL, C, FR just how I wanted it.

Cheers, Edward.

Comment

• eddyg
      • Mar 2004

OK - What I really want is for 5 channel stereo to be used for DD mono tracks, but with the rears all down 2db.

I guess that's asking a bit much as an automatic setting for DD mono.

As it stands I have to change the DVD player to PCM, change to 5 channel stereo (I guess I could go for 7..) and then change the rears to -2db (otherwise they get annoying, but without them it's all a bit too forward).

A bit too much for a DVD.. especially considering that I will most likely forget to change the DVD back to stream

Cheers, Edward.

Comment

• eddyg
        • Mar 2004

Last one - as you can see it's taking a while to get through this film

I prefer it just on the Centre, I was having too many issues from the rear being too evident when in 5 channel stereo, didn't like plain stereo, and Nero only worked with the Music option which had some strange delay issues.

So - I'll live with DD Mono via the Centre

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

I would suggest Pro-Logic II music. Go into the options for PLIIM and play around with the center width until you get a nice blend across the front. If you want rears turn PANORAMA on and play with the depth setting. With a mono input PANORAMA may not add anything to the rears, so just play with it..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"