X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGS
    • Feb 2005

IR Code help...please!

So we recently got Comcasts HD DVR and a new plasma...very nice. But let's face it the set up is a bit hard for the family and others to use...so I was thinking why not program the cable box (Motorola DCT6412) remote for basic tv use. That way when my mom is here babysitting for us she can turn on the tv or the kids can turn on the system, etc. The added benefit is that my Rotel remote would be spared from daily use and abuse. Why not beat up the cable remote and save the Rotel for advanced system use by me.

Ok, so I found the 4 digit IR code for the TV but hunt high and low and I can't find a 4 digit code for my AVR, the Rotel RSX-1056... can anyone help?

All I want to do is power it on and off...nothing more. After wasting most of Sunday afternoon researching I finally give up.... :roll:

Thanks in advance guys,

Ags
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Probably not going to find one either. Rotel isn't common enough for them to have a code for it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• wb2fcr
      • Dec 2005

Check out Remote Central - they have 'everything' remote...

Reviews of the latest universal remote controls, a file area, programming help, message forums and more!

Or does the cable box remote have a learning capability?
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"