X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • higgster71
    • Jan 2005

HT Only Upgrade

I have been reading this board for a while (2 years?) and decided it was finally time to post. Any advice on a logical (but this hobby isn't logical is it) upgrade path would be greatly appreciated.

My current set up is as follows:

Rotel 1055
    Paradigm Studio 60 Fronts
    Paradigm Studio Surrounds
    Paradigm Studio 470 Center

I am moving to a seperate two channel tube based set up but the above system will remain my HT system. Looking to upgrade this HT system. Can spend about $2000-3000 US on an upgrade. Thinking about keeping the 1055 as my processor and buying a seperate amp. Options include Rotel 1095, 1077 as well as amps from Anthem, NAD, Outlaw, Parasound. Will probably upgrade the 1055 to a pre/pro at a later date (1068, 1098?).

Keep in mind that this system will be used for HT only so a slightly more forward presentation might be preferable (e.g. very articulate dialouge) in this system since it will not be used for 2-channel.

If you were going to set up a HT only system what upgrade path would you choose? Would you stick with Rotel (of course, laugh) or would you consider others amps as well for HT only.

A good sub recommendation would be appreciated as well. Sorry for the long post. Thanks.
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

For HT only, I wouldn't go wild. Rotel is a wonderful deal. Personally, I'd hold off until HD-DVD and whatever decoding scheme it has are realized. At that point, they'll make pre-pros that can decode the audio and transcode the video. For an HT only system, I'd wait. If you're dying to upgrade, get a new amp (the Rotel 1075 and 1095 are great).

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by grit
      For an HT only system, I'd wait. If you're dying to upgrade, get a new amp (the Rotel 1075 and 1095 are great).
      I concur.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RebelMan
        I concur.
        :yesnod: Other than amp/speaker upgrades I'd hold off on sources/processing

Though it looks like you could use a nice SVS sub added in there :twisted:
        Jason

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

:agree: , that's sound advice .

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

Speaking for Sub, REL ST-series Subs would do great job in music, I have REL Sterta-5 paired with B&W and WOW what a difference.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

He wanted a HT only setup, so I would concur on the SVS as well. Get a PB12plus/2, you will not be dissappointed.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"