X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Zone two problems

Guys has anyone else noticed any problems with zone 2 opperation in their 1098's? Mine has been working fine up until today but now it doesn't seem to repond to any codes coming in from my second zone. I've tried another cable and swapped outputs from the IR repeating unit (Buffalo) but it still isn't responding at all.

• aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well Andrew perhaps you can buy me one for a late Christmas present so I can help you diagnose the problem

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It seems that its now working again. The solution appears to be that if I have the pronto too close to the IR sensor on the wall it doesn't respond as it should but if I back away all is well. Its odd though in that the unit still blinks to indicate it received an IR signal at both ends but the rotel fails to work so I'm guessing the IR signal is getting corrupted if I stand too close. The reason I have gotten into the habit of bringin the remote close is that during day if there's too much sunlight on the sensor it fails to repond at all.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The Pronto has a pretty decent blaster on the front. I'm sure being close is overdriving the Ir circuit just like the sun does (too much IR to make out what to repeat).. Xantech makes a sun friendly piece if you could find a cheap one on Ebay or something..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Yup not getting the sun friendly model was a mistake when I installed this system. We tend to use it most at night though so its not as big an issue as it could be.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"