Rotel RSX 1067 with Paradigm Studio 60 ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CLUZO
    • Dec 2005

Rotel RSX 1067 with Paradigm Studio 60 ???

Hello,

My first choice was B&W DM 603 S3, ... until that i've listen to the Paradigm Sudio 60. I've readed comment on Studio 100 but not on Studio 60.
    I'm more a music listener than movies viewer. (Jazz but i also can listen to rock concert like Pink Floyd)

I'm anxious having all of your comments.

Thank you very much.

Mario
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

There very good speakers. If you dig em the 1067 will drive them. The rsx1067 is a fantastic receiver with alot of reserve power.

Sounds like a nice system

Dan

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

Awhile back I was checking out some cd players. I was listening to the Rotel 1072 with a 1067. The speakers that were being used were the Studio 60's. I was really imprressed with the sound. Just 2 channel with no sub. In another room was some Studio 100's. I forget what gear they were using to drive them. Anyways, I actually liked the sound of the 60's better. Maybe it was acoustics or the room size, I don't know. But they sounded great. If you get a chance to audition them, go for it.

Comment

• KAP
        • Jan 2005

The 1067 will pair well with the Studio 60's. I have a 1067 driving Studio 40's and the sound is great. My only concern/issue is with the heat that is generated from the 1067 while driving all five speakers at a loud or even moderate listening level. Literally the top of the receiver cannot be touched.

Regardless of the heat, I think the sound is fantastic. Good Luck!!

Comment

• benny
          • Jan 2005

I've owned the Studio 60's for almost 4 years...and I still love them! The B&W's in the same price range didn't sound near as good in my opinion. Good choice...

Comment

• CLUZO
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by benny
            I've owned the Studio 60's for almost 4 years...and I still love them! The B&W's in the same price range didn't sound near as good in my opinion. Good choice...
            Would you tell me please, what amp do you use for driving Studio 6O?

P.S.:Excuse my poor english.

Mario

Comment

• benny
              • Jan 2005

No excuse needed, Mario. I'm using the Rotel RB-1070 to drive them and I truly believe it is more than enough to satisfy my speakers. I listen loud and often and neither the 1070 or the 60's have even thought about failing. I did end up adding a Paradigm powered sub later on just to fill out the bottom end a little bit. I don't plan to upgrade for a long time.

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KAP
                The 1067 will pair well with the Studio 60's. I have a 1067 driving Studio 40's and the sound is great. My only concern/issue is with the heat that is generated from the 1067 while driving all five speakers at a loud or even moderate listening level. Literally the top of the receiver cannot be touched.

Sounds like you need an Elan Z fan for your Rotel. This will help release some of the heat.

ELAN, aka, Elan home systems, Elan home automation, Elan systems, Elan control systems, Elan smart home, Elan automation, Elan control, has been rebranded Nice.

Dan

Comment

• bob4mvg
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by KAP

I couldn't agree more about the great sound! Tempwise, my 1067, sitting by itself on a table, runs at 120 degrees when I put a thermometer directly on top of the vents. I usually have all 7 amps running (with Zone 2 on). Yep, that's hot, but I figure it helps heat the house during these cold winter months so I leave it on most of the time. I guess I'll just have to nudge the A/C down just a tad come summer <grin>.

Comment

• KAP
                    • Jan 2005

I'll look into the Elan Z fan. Actually just now I was researching the fans from Active Thermal Management. Specifically it seems as though their Cool-it II model might do the trick. I see that it is $179 and I assume I can beat the heat for less money.

My equipment is in a dedicated home theater. The Rotel is probably only on for a total of 6 hours per week, but it does get very hot. It seems to me that the two fans underneath the Rotel should kick in more than they do. However, I do love the sound and agree that at the same price point, the Studios may be better than the B&W's. I have a Lexicon and Nautilus 804 system on my main level and I honestly can't say that it sounds any better than the Rotel/Paradigm combination in the theater room. Although, the theater room is closed in and carpeted, so I imagine that helps with the sound.

Comment

• KAP
                      • Jan 2005

I see that the Elan Z-FAN2 is $300. So it is much more than the ATM Cool-it II, but it looks impressive and I feel that it may provide more heat relief. I'll continue to research it.

Comment

• CLUZO
                        • Dec 2005

Considering the fact that at this moment i didn't buy yet the receiver. I still expect to buy the Sudio 60. Do i will have the same heating problem if i chose to buy RSP 1068 and RMB 1075, instead of the RSX 1067.
                        Maybe for experts like you, my question may look simple but i'm a novice and i'm really asking myself about that, i want a keep it sweet and simple.

Thanks in advance and i count on your precious advices. :W

Mario

Comment

• Joey_V
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by KAP
                          I see that the Elan Z-FAN2 is $300. So it is much more than the ATM Cool-it II, but it looks impressive and I feel that it may provide more heat relief. I'll continue to research it.
                          Are you kidding me? That thing is $300?

You can hook up fans for a computer into a component case and include a small powersupply for less than $50. Without a case, you can easily get away with just fans a power supply for $20. I wonder what the markup is on that Zfan...

If you have the money to burn though, go ahead, but I think that is waaaay overpriced for only being a fan.

You can get computer fans (which is what that thing uses I bet) with a temperature controller for less than $8 a pop.

I may be out of line here, but I build computers and I dont understand how that thing is $300.
                          Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                          Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                          System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• KAP
                            • Jan 2005

Joey,

I agree with you about the price of the Elan Z-FAN2. $300 is really insane. However, it is now a moot point for me. I measured the space between the top of my 1067 and the glass shelf above it and there is only a tad over 2". The Z-FAN2 won't fit.

My options are to purchase a small inexpensive fan and clip it on or to just do nothing and hope that the little use the Rotel gets will increase it's life. Since the inexpensive clip on fan will be so easy, I'm going to go with that.

CLUZO, for the most part I'm one of the few people here with a 1067 that complains about heat. Based on that, I don't think you should be afraid to purchase the 1067...........worse case scenario is that you go the route I am and get a inexpensive small fan. I think you'll enjoy your Rotel.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"