X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Rlc-1080!

Looking at the CES sites.. I noticed that Rotel is coming out with their own line of power conditioners and voltage regulators.. cool!

Here a pic of the RLC-1080:

Also, here's a pic of the RLC-1040 (also has voltage regulation!):
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Sweet...and they are sticking with that awesome 10 series styling.

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

They better have them available here in Australia at the 240V rating!

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Looks great, cant wait. The first one looks huge!

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

Yeah, I'll have to get one. I knew i was holding onto my monster strip reg instead of upgrading to a "rack" model. I think I'll probably end up with the 1040, I don't really care about the battery backup aspect of the 1080. Afaik, from what I read on audioholics there isn't going to be any diff between the two besides the 1080 having the UPS functionality.
          My gear

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

Wow! Man, I've got to get me one of those. Hope they're not too $$$. Rotel sure knows how to keep us drooling. :E

Comment

• titan7
              • Dec 2005

Wow, those look nice. Anybody get the suggested retail? I just purchased a Monster Power Ref. HTS 3500 MkII on close out for $119.00 after $50 rebate. I may take it back now.

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by titan7
                Wow, those look nice. Anybody get the suggested retail? I just purchased a Monster Power Ref. HTS 3500 MkII on close out for $119.00 after $50 rebate. I may take it back now.
                Where did you get it at that price?

Comment

• titan7
                  • Dec 2005

Miner, Check your PM.

Comment

• Joey_V
                    • Jul 2005

Titan,

I got the same one.. the HTS3500mk2 and I like it a lot! Definitely a prerequisite for my apartment and its "shady" power lines. The Rotel stuff should be better (I got mine for 119 after $50 too) and that isnt a surprise especially since the Rotel RLC10x0 are all voltage regulators too. However, I suspect they will cost quite a bit above the $500 mark.

I want one, but I'll stick with my Monster for the meantime (parents got it for me for Christmas!).
                    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• titan7
                      • Dec 2005

You are right, I can't bring myself to spend 300-500+ on these thing. The Monster will be fine.

Comment

• lmib
                        • Jul 2004

Do they bring them out in silver only or also in black?
                        Somebody has seen any black picture of these nice conditioners?
                        lmib

Comment

• H.Donald
                          • Aug 2004

I'm thinking if it has voltage regulation,it will be quite costly....well over 1,000 dollars.
                          But,I need a new toy....and it would allow me to rid myself of the last "Monster".

Comment

• VikingP
                            • Feb 2005

I don't know if the RLC-1040 will be that expensive. If I understood right, the 1040 is an APC H15 with a different chassis, and I saw the H15 going for a bit more then 200$US, so from that, the 1040 should be much different.
                            As for the 1080, that one I think will be expensive (>1000$US), due to the battery backup, but I don't really see why anyone would need a backup battery for the HT (audio part) or music gear, unless your area has many blackouts lasting short periods of time, which can get annoying :x .

Paul

Comment

• DSGCobra
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by titan7
                              same here. should arrive on thurdsay. that deal was way to good to pass up.

Comment

• Joelp
                                • Nov 2004

I'm curious though, why wouldn't Rotel use a series mode system? it's not consumable like the Metal Oxide Varistors found in almost every surge supressor. I'm not an expert or anything, but from what I understand the MOV's have a limited amount of joules for their lifetime, whereas the Series mode suppressors don't have a limited 'lifetime'.Is there a Rotel expert that can you shed some light on this?

thanks!

more info on Series mode http://brickwall.com/index.htm

Comment

• Joey_V
                                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DSGCobra
                                  same here. should arrive on thurdsay. that deal was way to good to pass up.
                                  Agree with you 100%... looks real nice on top of my Rotels, too. It's funny how I went to Tweeter yesterday and I found the 3500mk2 for $349 "on sale".

Stupid Tweeter.

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                    • Feb 2003

I did the same and told the guy at tweeter how much it was selling for on the internet, he couldn't believe it said he was going to buy one for himself for that price.

Comment

• csuzor
                                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by VikingP
                                      As for the 1080, that one I think will be expensive (>1000$US), due to the battery backup, but I don't really see why anyone would need a backup battery for the HT (audio part) or music gear, unless your area has many blackouts lasting short periods of time, which can get annoying
                                      Yes, I have frequent blackouts, when the wind is strong... at least 1x/month. I hate having the hifi suddenly stop, it can't be good for electronics or CD player, so I have several simple USB for the hifi and all computer gear at home. The RLC-1080 is a dream machine for the hifi, I hope it comes in 240V model soon.

Comment

• lvhung
                                        • Jun 2005

RLC 1040 at 200USD , oh great I might buy one without consideration

Comment

• titan7
                                          • Dec 2005

I can't believe the RLC-1040 will be $200 USD, that would be nice, heck I will pick one up for that price.

Comment

• Marlboroman
                                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Joelp
                                            I'm curious though, why wouldn't Rotel use a series mode system? it's not consumable like the Metal Oxide Varistors found in almost every surge supressor. I'm not an expert or anything, but from what I understand the MOV's have a limited amount of joules for their lifetime, whereas the Series mode suppressors don't have a limited 'lifetime'.Is there a Rotel expert that can you shed some light on this?

It appears as though APC are the designers of this product, not Rotel. I am not sure why they use one over the other but I am betting they are awesome since APC are the leaders in this type of technology. From what I am hearing the RLC-1040 is going to cost $500USD and the RLC-1080 is going to cost $1800USD. I did not ask about the additional battery unit that links to the 1080.

Comment

• Kyle
                                              • Jan 2005

Yeah, the audioholics write up on it said that (plus the pics have APC on the front of the unit). $500 is a bit steep on the RLC-1040 IMO.

The RLC-1040 is based off of the APC H15, which is only $217 on buy.com:

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Don't get me wrong, I want the rotel one, but $300 extra for a faceplate seems steep if that really is going to be what these go for.
                                              My gear

Comment

• Joey_V
                                                • Jul 2005

Wait... $200 for something that actually regulates voltage??

Comment

• Kyle
                                                  • Jan 2005

The audioholics thread gave specific models that the rotel ones are based off of, they said its basically the same thing as the S-15 and H-15 with different face plates.

I currently have the Monster PowerCenter HTS 2000 MKII, which is OK but I want to move into a component form factor as this thing is huge and sort of gets in the way.
                                                  My gear

Comment

• hockeypuck
                                                    • Oct 2004

Titan or Joey,can you PM to me the info on the Monster unit. Need it for the bedroom system. I will wait for the new Rotels to go with the main room equipment.
                                                    Thanks.

Comment

• titan7
                                                      • Dec 2005

You have mail.

Comment

• Joey_V
                                                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by hockeypuck
                                                        Titan or Joey,can you PM to me the info on the Monster unit. Need it for the bedroom system. I will wait for the new Rotels to go with the main room equipment.
                                                        Thanks.
                                                        You got pm.

Comment

• Joelp
                                                          • Nov 2004

Any idea when these power conditioners will be available in North America?

Comment

Working...
                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                          Search Result for "|||"