X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aven
    • Sep 2005

Happy New Year... Time for more gear!

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year!

I'm slowly (but surely) building my music/theater system up... I've got the speakers I want (B&W cdm 7nt, cdm 1nt, asw 300). This years goal will be to start building up the componet side... To start I would like a solid pre and a solid amp. I only want a 5.1 system with good 2 channel capabilities. I'm thinking a rsp1066 or 68 with a RMB1075 or RB985.

I know I want a rsp1066 or 68 for the pro logic 2. The advantages seem huge compared to pro 1 on older models.

That said the questions I have are with the amps... I know the 1075 has 20 more watts per channel... Besides that what are it's advantages over the 985? Is the power "cleaner"? I'm buying used so the 985 is much more attractive from a price point side...and frankly I like the "no grill" look of it more... Eventually this amp will only handle my surrounds as I will get a 2 channel amp for the fronts so the lower rating doesn't concern me.... Has anyone seen a set up like this (1066 with a 985)??? How did it look?

Thanks for your advice!

Aven
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"