X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Crossover ? w/603s3's

I'm not doing anything right now so i thought i may ask a simple question to those who know alot more than me.As you see in my signature the system that i have i have set my speakers to 60hz and small and the sub also at 60hz via the receiver.I wondering if anyone would set this up differently or do you think i'm on the money.Or should the sub be set to 80 i'm just guessing here.I'm not sure in regards to setting the speakers and the sub the same.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

For starters, as per forum rules, your sig should not list your equipment, it messes with searches. You can list your equipment in your profile.

Second I'd say setting the speakers crossover at either 60 or 80 will give the best results. Experiment with both and see which sounds best. As for the sub it only really matters if your sub doesn't play well at higher frequencies or as a crude form of bass correction if say you have a bass peak in your room near a certain frequency. Say you have a peak in your room at 90, setting the sub's crossover to say 80 should eliminate/minimize that.
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by aud19
      For starters, as per forum rules, your sig should not list your equipment, it messes with searches. You can list your equipment in your profile.
      Actually the search problem has been fixed, the rule is now for keeping the threads cleaner and we also have a 'my system' page in your profile.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"