X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillen
    • Dec 2003

New Rotel owner

Hi, I'm new in this forum and a few days ago I purchased an RSX1055 and RDV1060. I stacked the two units (rsx1055 below and rdv1060 over it). This is my first question: The DVD after 2 hours become hot (45 degrees celsius), is't this normal ?. Must I separate the two units?
    Thank You for your replies !!

Sorry for my poor english, I'm Italian.

Gil
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Gil,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't own the 1055, but usually receivers and pre-pros need lots of room to breath. I would put the 1055 on top of your rack (if possible, keeping the vents clear), allowing sufficient ventilation. Is your audio rack enclosed? Hope this helps.

Enjoy your toys,

Azeke

Comment

• gillen
      • Dec 2003

Azeke

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't an audio rack, so I stacked the units on my bookshelf but in an open space on it. In these days I tried some positions but for now without result.

BTW I appreciate your answer

Gil

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If anything I'd try to place the DVD player below the 1055 not above it.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
          If anything I'd try to place the DVD player below the 1055 not above it.
          Agreed. Ideally you wouldn't have any equipment stacked on one another but at the very least I would recomend putting the 1055 on top as it will produce more heat than the 1060 and would hence benefit from having open space above it.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• PKuziel
            • Dec 2003

According to the RSX-1055 manual is that you should maintain a minimum of 4" inches around the unit for proper ventilation. I have mine all by itself on a open rack.

Free your mind and your a$$ will follow
            Free your mind and your a$$ will follow

Comment

• gillen
              • Dec 2003

Thanks for your replies guys... I swapped the units according yours suggestions. I'd make some measurements of temperature the next days...

Thanks
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"