X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • titan7
    • Dec 2005

The dreaded backorder : (

Well the rb-1080, rt-1080, rcd-1072 all came in today but my dealer told me the rc-1070 is back ordered @ Rotel and it might be weeks until it gets here. That's certainly not good since I don't have a pre-amp. I sure hope it get here soon, it's a shame to have all this nice stuff sitting around in boxes. Anybody else dealt with a Rotel back order and have ideas on how long it takes to get in?

thanks
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Do you have an old integrated amp that you could use temporarily for its preamp stage?

Comment

• AMPER
      • Nov 2005

Don't know.....I got a 1055 on BO too. It's been about a week so far.

:Z

Comment

• Kyle
        • Jan 2005

I feel your pain guys, my 40" sony bravia has been on backorder since _11/24_ with no firm ETA
        My gear

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

You have already spent a lot of money buying all that stuff from the dealer, they should really be able to lend you a pre/amp of their own until you get your RC-1070, any preamp will do for a while. Ask them!

Comment

• titan7
            • Dec 2005

Well they discovered they had an RC-1070 in the back but the top edge of the box was crushed pretty deep, the cardboard was broken and the styrofoam was broken. That's some heavy duty cardboard so it looks like it took a pretty good fall onto something. I decided to wait for another, I don't want to deal with the possibility of a loose solder connection or worse that could show up later.

Good news, the dealer loaned me their demo RC-1070 until mine comes in so I will have some good sounds tonight when I get home!!!

Do I need to purchase the 12v trigger lines or are they in the box?
            Last edited by titan7; 29 December 2005, 20:12 Thursday.

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

12V trigger will need to be purchased - Radio Shack. Other owners of the RB-1080 have chosen not to use trigger due to previous channel problems (fuse issue and et. al.) Your decision. I use a RC-1070 with an RB-1070 - no problems at all. Congrats on your equip purchase.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Some of the newer Rotel stuff I've been installing have been coming with the trigger cables..

Kevin D.

Comment

• titan7
                  • Dec 2005

Thanks for the tip I will hit up radio shack later.

On a side note do you guys think I am being too picky about not taking the RC-1070 with the damaged box? One of the sales guys made it sound I was being concerned over nothing. My take on it was that box was hit REALLY hard or took at really bad drop while UPS had it. To cause that kind of damage means the pre-amp took a big impact. It's more than likely fine but why take the chance? I don't want to deal with a warrenty issue later.

Comment

• thyname
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by miner
                    12V trigger will need to be purchased - Radio Shack. Other owners of the RB-1080 have chosen not to use trigger due to previous channel problems (fuse issue and et. al.) Your decision. I use a RC-1070 with an RB-1070 - no problems at all. Congrats on your equip purchase.

I have RB-1080 and still use the 12 v trigger, no problems so far. I had to be my trigger cable, very cheap in RadioShack.

As for the damaged unit, you did the right thing not to take it, should not risk with such expensive items. I knew they could find a temporary solution for you until your unit comes :T

Comment

• toddmorr
                      • Sep 2005

Speaking of 12v trigger, what is it? I bought a new Rotel 1072, 1070, and 1080 in Japan and of course it came with all Japanese manuals, which I can't read well enough to figure out.

Comment

• Marcel B
                        • Nov 2004

Manuals can be downloaded from the Rotel website in PDF

Marcel B

Comment

• miner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by toddmorr
                          Speaking of 12v trigger, what is it? I bought a new Rotel 1072, 1070, and 1080 in Japan and of course it came with all Japanese manuals, which I can't read well enough to figure out.
                          It is a wire with 2 mini-plugs on the end. Used to power on other units when main unit is powered up.

Comment

• grit
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by titan7
                            Thanks for the tip I will hit up radio shack later.

On a side note do you guys think I am being too picky about not taking the RC-1070 with the damaged box? One of the sales guys made it sound I was being concerned over nothing. My take on it was that box was hit REALLY hard or took at really bad drop while UPS had it. To cause that kind of damage means the pre-amp took a big impact. It's more than likely fine but why take the chance? I don't want to deal with a warrenty issue later.
                            Well, if there's a problem with the unit, you'll have to wait to get it replaced anyway, so there's a delay either way. That being said, you gotta do what makes YOU comfortable. Personally, I agree with you - I'd never knowingly accept a box as damaged as what you're describing.

Comment

• Joey_V
                              • Jul 2005

You paid a certain amount of money for a new preamp in brand new condition... a dented box isnt brand new condition to me.

So.... I say wait it out.
                              Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                              Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                              System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"