X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Stacking Pre and Pro

Does anyone stack their 1068 right on top of their 1075? Would it be safe if I did this?

I would never have the volume cranked all the way up.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

A lot of people have and do, stack them. My only fear is if they are not well ventilated, you could be running them a lot hotter than they really need to be...

An option of using a fan on them could help...??!?

But I don't think there is/would be any problems with this. Just keep monitoring the temperature of your gear to make sure it doesn't get too hot.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

I usually find that the clearance height when stacking is minimal, and I am more comfortable with another inch or so of clearance.

I went to the Ace Hardware and was able to find some large rubber feet that were about 2" in diameter and about 1" in height, and used those as spacers.

Beside giving better ventilation, I found the space was now large enough to slide my hand in on top of the amplifier so I could easily monitor how hot (or not) it was running.

Steve

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
        • May 2004

You can never have too much ventilation. If stacking can be avoided, do so. A small computer fan may help in cooling if you must stack and the fan is very quiet.
        Steel

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

I used to stack Rotel RCD-1070 and RSP-1066 but the CD player was getting to much hot because of RSP-1066. The solution was to use different shelves for each one, with also RMB-1075 in its own shelve. Thus I would recommend you to do the same. In the end I’ve found that even RMB-1075 is colder then RSP-1066.
          Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
          Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LikeCoiledSteel
            You can never have too much ventilation. If stacking can be avoided, do so. A small computer fan may help in cooling if you must stack and the fan is very quiet.
            Steel
            how/where would be the best place to put the fan?

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Here is what my issue looks like. In the picture you can see that basically its an enclosed cabinet (except for the back which is open). All of the aluminum doors open like you see in the picture of the RDV 1060. The very bottom one does not open and thats where my current rsx 1055 is, and where the 1075 and 1068 would be (stacked). I can open the door right above the big botton door to let in air when im using the equipment.

If I stack the 1068 on top of the 1075 then I will be left maybe a half inch on top. I can remove the next shelf above to give it more room, but id rather not because then i would be stuck putting my xbox 360 somewhere.

will a fan work and be enough?

What would you do? and no I cant afford the 1077 :roll:

There are some more pics on at the bottom of this page:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"