X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

1095 binding posts -Spades or banana

Does anyone know if I can connect a spade type speaker wire to the 1095 amp? If so, what is the diameter size?

Thanks,

Brad
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

This pulled directly from the instruction manual.

The RMB-1095 has five sets of color coded binding posts. These SPEAKER CONNECTORS accept bare wire, connector lugs, or dual banana type connectors (except in the European Community countries where their use is not permitted). Route the wire from the RMB-1095 to the speakers. Give yourself enough slack so you can move the components enough to allow access to the SPEAKER CONNECTORS. If you are using dual banana plugs, connect them to the wires and then plug into the backs of the SPEAKER CONNECTORS. The collars of the SPEAKER CONNECTORS should be screwed in all the way (clockwise). If you are using terminal lugs, connect them to the wires. If you are attaching bare wires directly to the SPEAKER CONNECTORS, separate the wire conductors and strip back the insulation from the end of each conductor. Be careful not to cut into the wire strands. Unscrew (turn counterclockwise) the SPEAKER CONNECTORS collars. Place the connector lug around the shaft, or insert the bundled wire into the hole in the shaft. Turn the collars clockwise to clamp the connector lug or wire firmly in place.
    They don't say you can't use spades but they do not appear to endorse the use of spades either. I'd probably stick with banana's.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Ok, with the legal mumbo jumbo out of the way. Has ANYONE actually used spades on the 1095???

Brad and I would really like to know. Brad's getting ready to purchase cables from me, and we'd like to do it right the first time.

How about a picture of the butt of it, anyone got one? I tried on their web site but get a "file error" on all back panel pics.

Thanks,
      Doug
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Best I can do right now.. There's more rack hanging in front of it now.. Spades should work, that's a fairly common binding post..

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Best I can do right now.. There's more rack hanging in front of it now.. Spades should work, that's a fairly common binding post..

Kevin D.
          Should work.... :? Perhaps you should email Rotel... I'd want to make sure they'll work before I purchase a bunch of cables if I were you britchie.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"