X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

Rotel RCD02 vs 1072

Just curious what the user group's take on the Rotel RCD02 is in comparison to the 1072?
    Bluespower
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

I would like to know as well....
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• Col5
      • Nov 2005

I went with the RCD02 , for the price and good reviews . Not sure about the 1072 , the review I saw didnt look great

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Don't forget in a follow up review, when tested with the ra-1062 and Monitor Audio speakers, the same magazine loved the 1072.

Comment

• Boombox
          • Oct 2005

must say that this is not a good review....where's the follow up review...would like to read that too....
          which player is best for CD: RCD02, RCD1072 or RDV1060? One dealer told me that the RDV1060 is best...do some agree? I'm close to getting the RCD1072 soon...

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

I've not heard a RCD-1072 but do own the RDV-1060 and RCD-02. Trying them both on the same amp (RA-01) I'd say the RDV-1060 is noticeably better than the RCD-02. It has a better soundstage and picks out more detail.

From comments on other threads people have said that the RCD-1072 is better than the RDV-1060 but not by a huge amount.

I guess it depends on your budget and space considerations. I don't have room for a CD and DVD player on my main system so am happy to use the RDV-1060 for both (the RCD-02 /RA-01 combo is in a seperate room).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, RDV-1060 has now been discontinued (see sticky at top of Club Rotel)
            Last edited by fordster; 28 November 2005, 08:07 Monday.
            Dave

Comment

• grit
              • Jan 2005

I just added an RCD-1072 to my system. Prevously, I had been using the RDV-1060 for music (I run both in 2-ch analog bypass). Short version is that the CD player sounds more "musical". Instruments are more defined and separate. I get a bit of a charge out of listening to music that I didn't get from the DVD player. For the cost of the 1072, I felt it was worth it. Now, I'll cry a river if the new 1092 DVD player sounds as good as or better than my 1072

Comment

• Col5
                • Nov 2005

1072 vs 02 , this is the other review

Comment

• Col5
                  • Nov 2005

save $200 and get a better player ,My opinion only :T

Comment

• gianni
                    • Nov 2002

The other review -

Comment

• Boombox
                      • Oct 2005

Got little to say about the review.....was it about the 1072, 1062 or the MAs? ;x(

In one of the other threads..."Watch out Kre....", you know which thread....the discussion came up about the subjective opinion of our perception of goood/bad sound based on our hearing....

that said...

I'm still getting the RCD1072....if its not good and make my speakers shine, at leats I'll be able to trade it at a fair price... :T

Comment

• rpryan
                        • Mar 2005

About a year ago I was trying to make the same decision. I could test both the 02 and 072 on the same set up. IMHO the 072 was much better; in clarity, seperation and tone. At the time I didn't think a cd player at that price could sound so good. It's one year later and I haven't second guessed myself.
                        Bob

Comment

• Col5
                          • Nov 2005

Sometimes the big bulky players are bought for the fact they look big ,and better :T

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"