X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinnu
    • Oct 2005

RB-1080 - Help - Now I really have a dead Ch

Earlier I thought I had a dead ch but it turned out to be an IC. But now I really have a dead ch. I bought it used a few days ago, after the initial scare with the dead IC, I was able to connect it fine and it was working great for almost two days. This morning I noticed that there was no sound coming out of my right speaker. I thought it was another dead IC, but after switching connections and all the diagnostics, I realized that the right channel is not producing any sound.

So, what are my options now? How much would it cost for me to get it fixed at the Rotel dealer? Is there anything I can try at home to fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Since this problem is well known, Rotel may surprise you and fix it for free if you ask nicely. You would be responsible for shipping each way however.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• dinnu
      • Oct 2005

Jerry,

Are you suggesting that I should call Rotel directly? If so, do you have a contact no. or email?

I called my local authorized dealer and they said their service dept is closed today.

Thanks

Comment

• dinnu
        • Oct 2005

Update

I have posted this in my other thread too.

I replaced all the fuses with new ones from Radioshack. The amp is working fine now. But I am still wondering why it blew in the first place. I don't use the 12V trigger and I did not biwire my speakers. And my speakers are very easy to drive too... my old RB980 had no issues driving them... The only common thing between others who had the same problem seem to be the interconnects. I use MIT AVt2 ICs.

Thanks

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Leave the power on the 1080, see if that helps.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"