X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Obsessive compulsives, check in here

Thought I'd start another useless poll.

So how often do you dust or wipe down your Rotel gear to make it look like it just came out of the box? :P

Almost every other day for me. :LOL:
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

I throw a sheet over mine nightly to prevent much getting on the gear 8)

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I give my gear a wipe down about once every couple of weeks...or if company's coming over

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

Once or twice a month, and I thought I was the picky one .

But I clean my TV screen once a week.

Maziar

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I probably wipe my equipment, once every couple of weeks, after spraying it with an air blaster. However, to digress, I am very picky about who controls my equipment. My lovely wife always says why don't you show our company how to operate the equipment, sometimes I succumb to her wishes (depending if I consider the person electronically competent), most times I don't. I am probably more obsessive in this area.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Tha Freak
            • Jul 2003

For me, it's every Saturday morning...

I like them to look neet!

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
            -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
            - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

Do you guys put on the nice little maids outfit while cleaning too?? :W :boobies: I clean mine every couple of weeks. Does anyone recommend giving the gear a blow job, ops: oops I mean blow your equipment with a can of air every once in a while to get out what dust has settled on the insides?

Kevin

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Ok, not on Rotel gear, but guilty as charged. I purchase little rubber feet for my remote. After all, they could get scratched without them. :LOL:

Actually, it's more to protect furniture. But it's still obsessive, and compulsive.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I purchase little rubber feet for my remote.
                  So do I on my livingroom pronto The theater one is stock but there's nothing to scratch in there

Comment

• will1066
                    • Aug 2003

Obsessive compulsiveness paid off for me. Don't laugh, but I've had my 1066 for a year and two months now and it had this small blemish on the front panel next to the display that looked like a scuff mark. It came out of the box like that and I had learned to live with it. Then, a couple of days ago, I spotted a new similar mark right above the three logos on the left side. Freaking out and thinking it was another scuff mark, I grabbed one of those soft cloths that come with your eyeglasses and some detergent and it turned out to be just some goop. Then, I tried it on the original scuff mark and - lo and behold - I got it out! It took me more than a year but it turns out that I just needed a ton of elbow grease. ops: Must've been some really caked-in goop left by the Rotel factory.

Comment

• mazuly
                      • Feb 2003

Talking about RSP-1066s, I never took off the screen protection plastic from my 1066. The unit was returned to my dealer after about a year with the plastic thing intact when I upgraded to 1098. My dealer was impressed about this and asked me to go and see a shrink Unfortunately I had to take off the plastic protection from 1098 TFT screen (and man wasn't it hard to do).

Maziar

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"