X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

1098-Switching music modes 1-4 RC

I can't seem to figure out how to switch between the 4 music modes from the remote control. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Brad
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome to the club

What source is selected and the type of recording may effect your options.

Having said that, as long as you have pressed "AUD" button to make the remote have control over the 1098 as opposed to say your DVD player it should work fine.

Let us know if there are any further problems. I'm sure we'll get it working for you.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Britchie
      • Nov 2003

I'm not quite sure I understand? I'm listening to a CD and have selected the Audio (1098) to control from the remote. Everything else operates fine. I can swith to 2ch, 5ch, PLII, etc from the buttons underneath the slide panel just fine. However, the music modes 1-4 are only accessible from the front panel by pressing the mode button and turning the left dial It would be nice to be able to change these modes without having to go to the front panel of the unit. The exercise doesn't hurt, but the musical effect would be better if I could stay seated in the prime listening space..

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Okay, now I'm not sure I understand :? ...lol As far as I know the four music mode are: 2-channel with sub if engaged, straight 2-channel (passthrough), 5-channel and 7-channel. From your last post it sounds like they are working from the remote. Maybe someone with the 1098 can shed more light?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Rotel only gives discrete surround codes for the ones you mentioned. Every other field needs to be scrolled through using the SUR+ button under the cover..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"