X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rael
    • Oct 2005

New Member and Some Questions!

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and this is my first post. I purchased a Rotel 1068 and a 1075 amp a couple of weeks ago. It was my first excursion into separates and I was a little nervous about a fairly high powered amplifier blowing up my house but so far everything's fine!

For anyone who can help me I have a few questions: The 1075 is driving a pair of Linn Ninkas, which are 4 ohm speakers. My rears are fairly cheap Paradigms and my Center is an old Fisher speaker. Until I upgrade to a full Linn speaker setup, am I doing any harm by driving 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers simultaneously? My center channel is noticeably louder if I'm playing something in 5.1 so I suppose since it's an 8 ohm speaker, I should turn it down a bit.

What do you folks use to clean your gear with?

I realize that cable discussion is pretty much forbidden here, but I'd like to comment that I have RadioShack 14 gauge speaker wire and I'd like to upgrade. If someone can PM me on any advice and/or types of wire that would work well between the Linnies and the Rotel amp, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Lex (www.catcables.com) can fix you up cable-wise. Good quality for the $$.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by miner
      Lex (www.catcables.com) can fix you up cable-wise. Good quality for the $$.
      Yup :T :yesnod:

Also sounds like you need to pick up an SPL meter, and a copy of Digital Video Essentials or AVIA and calibrate your speaker levels
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"